Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Who likes it here (PART2)

Who likes it here (PART2)

Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:08 pm
spuggy

spuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Who likes it here (PART2)

Originally Posted by Richardowen
I just moved here from London and after only 2 months I totally agree with you about the piss taking... Americans just don't get it in general .
They can be so darned serious or straight sometimes it is painful. I once got a phone call from a mother who wasn't happy I offered her daughter a can of dog food for a snack. I didn't actually offer that, just was goofing about. Just as well I didn't say "shit with sugar" like my mum did when I nagged her what's for dinner. Anyway after explaining she got it, but said her daughter took me seriously. oh boy!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tonrob
I know - I hate 99% of the rubbish they shove out on BBC America. Every now and then - when I get really homesick - I'll bite the bullet and order one or two DVDs on amazon.co.uk and have them shipped over. Last night I sat and watched the entire series 2 of I'm Alan Partridge and laughed my socks off!
So you can buy UK stuff on the US DVD format not usually available through the US websites then? Never looked.........

"Mille-wauke".........I did not know that.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:31 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
So you can buy UK stuff on the US DVD format not usually available through the US websites then? Never looked.........
No - they're just normal UK discs that I play on my region-free player.

Having made that post earlier it got me thinking, and I ended up ordering Peep Show, Bottom, Red Dwarf and the Brittas Empire just now!

Expensive post, that...
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

No - they're just normal UK discs that I play on my region-free player.

Having made that post earlier it got me thinking, and I ended up ordering Peep Show, Bottom, Red Dwarf and the Brittas Empire just now!

Expensive post, that...
As expensive as going out and shopping for a "region free" player?.......

.........off we go to the web-market.........
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

As expensive as going out and shopping for a "region free" player?.......
just get a normal colby jobby and hack it yourself....but good source for cheapo movies are a few places out of HK, especially for foreign flicks, region 4, but if your regionless, it don't matter, and exchange rate is less painful..
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:58 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

the Brittas Empire just now!
Jaysus mate - you must have it bad
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
just get a normal colby jobby and hack it yourself....but good source for cheapo movies are a few places out of HK, especially for foreign flicks, region 4, but if your regionless, it don't matter, and exchange rate is less painful..
OK Norm, I just read that about 4 times and have the sound of Charlie Brown's teacher in my ears..........

I honestly don't know what you are on about........

From jump street:
Whats HK?
Whats colby? a brand?
Region 4 is.........UK?

If this is agonisingly basic stuff, apologies........
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

OK Norm, I just read that about 4 times and have the sound of Charlie Brown's teacher in my ears..........

I honestly don't know what you are on about........

From jump street:
Whats HK?
Whats colby? a brand?
Region 4 is.........UK?

If this is agonisingly basic stuff, apologies........
HK- hong kong.

Colby, it's a brand of dvd player, about $30 and then four presses of the remote control to make it regionless

UK is region 2, region 4 is Oz, HK, Japan etc....with the exchange rate as it is, it's often cheaper to order from there instead, even with larger postage...not for tele shows, but movies at least.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
HK- hong kong.

Colby, it's a brand of dvd player, about $30 and then four presses of the remote control to make it regionless

UK is region 2, region 4 is Oz, HK, Japan etc....with the exchange rate as it is, it's often cheaper to order from there instead, even with larger postage...not for tele shows, but movies at least.
Right.
Cheers.....