Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Who likes it here (PART2)

Who likes it here (PART2)

Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who likes it here (PART2)

It's Davey Boy Smith - back from the dead!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:03 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
It's Davey Boy Smith - back from the dead!
I thought it was Dave "Fit" Finley
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by para22

Top of the list I think is the humour... the piss taking.....in England you can be with a group of men and women in a given situation...and you can all share the same piss taking thought without a word being spoken..you know like say at work when some managerial wally is giving you a pep talk or something..Over here that doesnt happen.

God Bless to all, and Rule Brittania..and piss on being politically correct!

You gotta love the British sense of humour dont ya!. Luckily my American husband has cottoned onto my piss taking so we both get to have a good laugh.

I wish they would show more British programmes over here tho, especially comedy. Dont get hardley any where I am, what they do show is bloody crap!. Im sorry but I just dont enjoy piggin Benny hill or cash in the damn attic lol !!!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss scouse atl
I wish they would show more British programmes over here tho, especially comedy. Dont get hardley any where I am, what they do show is bloody crap!. Im sorry but I just dont enjoy piggin Benny hill or cash in the damn attic lol !!!
not got any on pbs?

always uknova
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:44 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I ended up representing Gt Britain in the World freestyle Wrestling ch'ships in Toronto, and won a silver at 74k.
Were you only beaten because your opponent's manager hit you over the back of the head with a steal chair ??
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
not got any on pbs?
nope, its something diff here GPB or something. But again, the same old crap...antiques roadshow etc etc lol
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:38 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

You gotta love the British sense of humour dont ya!. Luckily my American husband has cottoned onto my piss taking so we both get to have a good laugh.

Saw your in Atlanta. Do you belong to the British meetup group? Serious North vs South piss taking, usually at the Pub on Collier Road monthly
Rob
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Saw your in Atlanta. Do you belong to the British meetup group? Serious North vs South piss taking, usually at the Pub on Collier Road monthly
Rob

Nope, I dont know any british people here yet.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:51 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Heres the link to the web site
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/expatbritsinatlanta/
Where are you in Atlanta?
Pubs name is Fox and Hounds. Seriously nice funny people. If it wasnt for this group I would be seriously hating this place by now...
Regards
Rob and Jo
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:56 pm
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Ive been here since 1982, origionally Im from Manchester.
I came here on a wrestling scholarship..and at the time I didnt really know what that was, I was that made up with getting the offer, I didnt realy explore it as much as I should have done.
I thought I was just going to attend the University, and represent them at wrestling. It never occured to me academics was involved as such. I thought Id be involved in teaching PE classes.

I was at Temple Univ in Philly..in fact my CSE s gave me 6 months of credits!

In any event I ended up in PA( philly suburbs) I had 4 offers and the only reason I chose PA was I had a reasonable idea of what the other 3 states were like..or I thought I did. I had just left the Army, and as far as I was concerned I was going to live where everyone (at the time at least ) wanted to live...I actually wanted to be a stuntman!

I have to leave out some details here or Ill bore you to death.
I ended up representing Gt Britain in the World freestyle Wrestling ch'ships in Toronto, and won a silver at 74k.

My background was also in Rugby League, and for the past 16yrs, I have been the conditioning coach for the US National squad.
. Its enabled me to travel the world freemans!...so ive be home a lot, and to Aussie, and various other places.

Anyway..do I like it here? Sometimes...and sometimes I dont. Ill never stop missing M/cr(my mum and sister are still there)...but its the intangibles that jump out of nowhere for me and make me miss England when I least expect it.

Top of the list I think is the humour... the piss taking.....in England you can be with a group of men and women in a given situation...and you can all share the same piss taking thought without a word being spoken..you know like say at work when some managerial wally is giving you a pep talk or something..Over here that doesnt happen.

Both my kids were born here, but they have a northern England type sense of humour,courtesy of yours truly..and its them that make it bearable over here.

Anyway, Ill wrap up now..im talking more than a yank!

God Bless to all, and Rule Brittania..and piss on being politically correct!

I wanted to be a stuntman too..

Welcome to hell... I mean the lovely online community of BE. I just moved here from London and after only 2 months I totally agree with you about the piss taking... Americans just don't get it in general however I was out last week when I met this US guy that was doing just that..taking the piss in good proper UK style.. and I thought jesus, I must have miss-judged these people.... turns out he grew up in the midlands till he was 19 then moved to US.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Heres the link to the web site
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/expatbritsinatlanta/
Where are you in Atlanta?
Pubs name is Fox and Hounds. Seriously nice funny people. If it wasnt for this group I would be seriously hating this place by now...
Regards
Rob and Jo
You know what, I just told you a big fat lie....... by accident tho

I actually joined that group about a year ago but I have just never bothered with it. Maybe Ill have to check you lot out huh lol.

Im in Roswell but moving to Woodstock in about 10 days
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

UKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud of

I was wondering what happened to my thread. I see it turned into two. Can threads only get so long then?
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:10 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKgirl
I was wondering what happened to my thread. I see it turned into two. Can threads only get so long then?
threads can go into hundreds of pages before they take a hit to the database...

someone just started another thread
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:05 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I know - I hate 99% of the rubbish they shove out on BBC America. Every now and then - when I get really homesick - I'll bite the bullet and order one or two DVDs on amazon.co.uk and have them shipped over. Last night I sat and watched the entire series 2 of I'm Alan Partridge and laughed my socks off!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Hi para 22 welcome to BE, from South Mcr.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.