British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Who likes it here? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/who-likes-here-424805/)

UKgirl Feb 7th 2007 2:55 pm

Who likes it here?

By that I mean generally in the US.
I just joined a few days ago and am really surprised at how many people are not happy and wish they were back in the UK. Nothing is perfect and I too get my days when I miss the UK, but for the most part I am happy here.
I am wondering if most of the people who want to go home are just here temporarily.
Just curious, hope I am not stepping out of line here as a new member.
Cheers!

UKgirl

Rete Feb 7th 2007 2:57 pm

Re: Who likes it here?

I do :-)

DollyLlama Feb 7th 2007 3:00 pm

We do like living in the USA.
I would prefer living in another State though......;)

miss scouse atl Feb 7th 2007 3:15 pm

I like it here, just takes a while to get used to the differences. Being here has really made me realise just how much I do actually love the UK and british food!.:D

I love my new life here, it just aint for everyone I guess.

nethead Feb 7th 2007 3:41 pm

Some days I do, and some days I don't. Today I'm feeling mostly indifferent (and cold).

another bloody yank Feb 7th 2007 3:47 pm

:crickets:

:rofl:

From what I've seen here, I think a few people really like it, most tolerate it and some people really hate it. Stick around for a while and you'll be able to tell who's who.;) Keep in mind also that this is the place these folks come to bitch and whine because they can't very well shit where they sleep can they? I think that kind of skews things.

tony126 Feb 7th 2007 3:47 pm

No complaints here.

miss scouse atl Feb 7th 2007 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 4374720)
:crickets:

:rofl:

From what I've seen here, I think a few people really like it, most tolerate it and some people really hate it. Stick around for a while and you'll be able to tell who's who.;) Keep in mind also that this is the place these folks come to bitch and whine because they can't very well shit where they sleep can they? I think that kind of skews things.

I agree. I feel that I have to be sooooo careful what I say sometimes incase I offend people. Especially my other half who has pointed out to me that i do say everything here is shit when i dont like something lol. Its just cos its different and Im trying to adjust.

Some days I love it here, others I hate it depends how homesick I am.

nethead Feb 7th 2007 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by miss scouse atl (Post 4374758)
I agree. I feel that I have to be sooooo careful what I say sometimes incase I offend people. Especially my other half who has pointed out to me that i do say everything here is shit when i dont like something lol. Its just cos its different and Im trying to adjust.

Some days I love it here, others I hate it depends how homesick I am.

My husband gets very defensive too when I start becoming very negative about things. Not because he thinks the US is fantastic, but because he feels guilty and worried because I'm miserable.

BigDavyG Feb 7th 2007 4:05 pm

I would happily work and live here during the week if I could go home at weekends.
Wish they;d bloody hurry up with that teleporter.

miss scouse atl Feb 7th 2007 4:09 pm

A teleporter would be great!. Id love to be able to go home at weekends so I can go out with my friends and get drunk then try and eat sunday roast with a hangover before coming back here:p

TruBrit Feb 7th 2007 4:26 pm

nope don't like it here one bit......ok to visit now and again but doubt i'd ever return once i leave for good :)

Irn-bru Feb 7th 2007 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG (Post 4374803)
I would happily work and live here during the week if I could go home at weekends.
Wish they;d bloody hurry up with that teleporter.

surely its a transporter not teleporter!

Oh and like I said before I like it here :)

TruBrit Feb 7th 2007 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by irnbru4u (Post 4374926)
surely its a transporter not teleporter!

Oh and like I said before I like it here :)

it's a touch of the star wars ;)

http://science.howstuffworks.com/teleportation.htm

britvic Feb 7th 2007 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 4374920)
nope don't like it here one bit......ok to visit now and again but doubt i'd ever return once i leave for good :)

I'm with her :p