Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Who likes it here?

Who likes it here?

Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who likes it here?

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol i'm on 6 at the mo
Not long now, you've got a visit home coming up, it dose really help to have some thing to look forward to
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:28 pm
spuggy

spuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yes, absolutely. We're having a really bad time at the moment, have cried twice, wondering whether leaving my husband is the answer, I don't know what to do & I feel like I'm losing it.

I wish I knew what to say
The first couple of years living here was very hard, adjusting to marriage (got married a month before moving here), culture shock, homesickness, etc. I wanted to pack my case and leave almost every other week. Ohio was NOT what I expected and I hated it at that time. Somehow we muddled through.

Have you talked to anyone, a family doc, a counselor of any kind?
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:36 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yes, absolutely. We're having a really bad time at the moment, have cried twice, wondering whether leaving my husband is the answer, I don't know what to do & I feel like I'm losing it.
It is hard to see the positives when a situation really gets to you.
I've tried it......."Oh look at that beautiful view, aren't I lucky to be alive, here in the US to see it"
but the dark side answers "ding, f***king, dong".

Keep going, knowing that all of us who live in your computer are cheering you on.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:36 pm
spuggy

spuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by britvic
It's not nothing to laugh at I know, but you can picture a lot of Expats buying the stuff cant ya, .
Can see the pharmacist wondering how come so many british speaking customers have been in and depleted their stock.

That is the worst about living so far away from family though, when they get sick, it is heartbreaking at times.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:37 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol i'm on 6 at the mo
I was thinking about taking them, but Im almost decided to go back home. Problem solved.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
I was thinking about taking them, but Im almost decided to go back home. Problem solved.
me to
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spuggy
Can see the pharmacist wondering how come so many british speaking customers have been in and depleted their stock.

LOL think maybe sue and paul admin could make a killin' on buying them in wholesale
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm taking them even though I'm going home for good in October, just to see me through, you do understand of course
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:58 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

It's the indecision that's worse isn't it?
once you make up your mind what to do,
things suddenly seem better and clearer and you feel at peace with yourself (well me anyway!)
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:17 am
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
It's the indecision that's worse isn't it?
once you make up your mind what to do,
things suddenly seem better and clearer and you feel at peace with yourself (well me anyway!)
Youre so right. You know the reason I didnt go back 2 years ago was that I was worried a guy in his late 40s wouldnt get the work I have here. But I posted my resume and contacted somr UK companies and got some good results. Even if the standard of living is less (and it will be) I dont care, Im home. I never wanted to get old here especially how crap the US medical system is.
Its now or never
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:32 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Youre so right. You know the reason I didnt go back 2 years ago was that I was worried a guy in his late 40s wouldnt get the work I have here. But I posted my resume and contacted somr UK companies and got some good results. Even if the standard of living is less (and it will be) I dont care, Im home. I never wanted to get old here especially how crap the US medical system is.
Its now or never
well good luck, and sometimes it is all about the timing!

As long as you are happy that's all that matters - life is too short to be miserable when you have a choice/be able to do something about it
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:36 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Its now or never
Good luck to you...you lucky bastard.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rushman
Good luck to you...you lucky bastard.
What about you my dear, can you see yourself growing old over here ?
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:47 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by britvic
What about you my dear, can you see yourself growing old over here ?
Are you taking the piss Vic?
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rushman
Are you taking the piss Vic?
No never at you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.