Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Who likes it here?

Who likes it here?

Old Mar 1st 2007, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who likes it here?

Originally Posted by Texas Mom
Afternoon all, and what a lovely afternoon it is too (well in the DFW metroplex)!
Lovely day for sitting in a beer garden and getting sh*t faced, that's how I feel today anyway!
You cant do that my sweet with another on the way, Britvic Orange do ya
Old Mar 1st 2007, 5:59 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all, and what a lovely afternoon it is too (well in the DFW metroplex)!
Lovely day for sitting in a beer garden and getting sh*t faced, that's how I feel today anyway!
You cant do that my sweet with another on the way, Britvic Orange do ya
I'll drink the beer for you
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers girls! I appreciate it.
I just don't want to be here today!
My grandpa was taken into hospital on Tuesday night, he has cancer.
He's in a very bad way and I'm just worried about him.
It's times like this when living in the States sucks and a drink or six would make me feel better for being so far away!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

It's times like this when living in the States sucks and a drink or six would make me feel better for being so far away!
Sorry to hear that, read your karma
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:15 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

That's awful. We had a few bits of news like that at Christmas (everyone decided to tell us all their bad news in their Christmas card!)
The distance between here and there just seemed to keep on growing!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry about grandpa....
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:08 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spuggy
That is a tough one. Don't you hate it though if you just want to have a bit of a vent about it, get it out of your systsem and people critisize you for it as if that what your WHOLE life is about. Sometimes we don't like things, doesn't mean our whole life is defined by it.
Still I hope you are able to see some changes that will make life better for you or compensates for the things that aren't good where you are right now.
Yes, absolutely. We're having a really bad time at the moment, have cried twice, wondering whether leaving my husband is the answer, I don't know what to do & I feel like I'm losing it.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:09 pm
spuggy

spuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by UKgirl
Sorry you took it the wrong way, but when you start a thread tiltled 'who likes it here' and it goes on mostly negative for 31 pages, you have to wonder why.

Seriously, I am a Brit, always will be, love and won't give up many things about the UK, but I try and see the positive in life. Maybe that is just me in general, but there are lots of great things about living here. I think the difference with some of us is: I chose to live here, whereas some of you seem to have been dragged here against your will.
Hey it could be worse, you could have been dragged to Iraq or the Sudan..

Right?
Some threads are specific to one issue and in this case this one allowed some to vent about the negatives (they can talk all about the positives on another thread. Choosing to live here doesn't mean that one loses the right to accept that not everything is always perfect, and that it is wrong to dislike certain things about the culture here. Recognizing the negatives is not an indication that people don't recognize the positives. I have lived here 29 years in Ohio, Texas, Ohio, Maryland, New Jersey, and now Ohio. I like it here, some places more than others, so if I say I didn't like plano texas it doesn't mean I was unhappy, or wasn't able to exploit the positives. Just my humble opinion though.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:10 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yes, absolutely. We're having a really bad time at the moment, have cried twice, wondering whether leaving my husband is the answer, I don't know what to do & I feel like I'm losing it.
You wanna cry in my lap ...

Now stop it ..take contol.... follow the plan
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Liz did wonder why your not about much, get some St Johns Wort down ya, chin up mate.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:13 pm
spuggy

spuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to behold

ah, one of the positives of living in plano texas, spending those hot afternoons in my friends pool floating around, smoking fags and drinking.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

sorry you're on a downer, i do understand... been having those days for 5 long bloody years...try what Britvic suggests, they've helped me.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TruBrit
sorry you're on a downer, i do understand... been having those days for 5 long bloody years...try what Britvic suggests, they've helped me.
It's not nothing to laugh at I know, but you can picture a lot of Expats buying the stuff cant ya, JG told me about them first most days I just take the two, but there's a few days of the month it's the full amount of 6 worth a try Liz, at least there not a drug.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:23 pm
time for a cuppa?

ukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I have been here 13 years so have endured family members being sick and worse and it hurts really bad when you are over here. Thinking of you love
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic
It's not nothing to laugh at I know, but you can picture a lot of Expats buying the stuff cant ya, JG told me about them first most days I just take the two, but there's a few days of the month it's the full amount of 6 worth a try Liz, at least there not a drug.
lol i'm on 6 at the mo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.