Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Who isn't going to vote?

Who isn't going to vote?

Old Aug 21st 2012, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

RalphJolly is a jewel in the roughRalphJolly is a jewel in the roughRalphJolly is a jewel in the roughRalphJolly is a jewel in the roughRalphJolly is a jewel in the rough
Default Who isn't going to vote?

I have no intention of even registering as it stands. Romney's biggest financial contributor is Goldman Sachs as is Obama's. JPMorgan Chase is the second biggest contributor to both candidates too. Can you believe that? The rhetoric may be different but they both work for Wall St.
This Rep/Dem party system is a joke -both the candidates are corporate whores and warmongers. No real choice and no point in voting.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 4:19 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who isn't going to vote?

Originally Posted by RalphJolly
I have no intention of even registering as it stands. Romney's biggest financial contributor is Goldman Sachs as is Obama's. JPMorgan Chase is the second biggest contributor to both candidates too. Can you believe that? The rhetoric may be different but they both work for Wall St.
This Rep/Dem party system is a joke -both the candidates are corporate whores and warmongers. No real choice and no point in voting.
So vote Green.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 4:23 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

There is clearly a bad and a worse, and I think that holds true for just about any political viewpoint that one brings to this election.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 4:29 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
There is clearly a bad and a worse, and I think that holds true for just about any political viewpoint that one brings to this election.
Yeah, the last thing we need is voter apathy or no-shows handing victory to Mittens.

Having said that, I still haven't got around to registering yet - I should probably do that so if the wrong guy wins, it isn't my fault ...
Old Aug 21st 2012, 4:31 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Yeah, the last thing we need is voter apathy or no-shows handing victory to Mittens.

Having said that, I still haven't got around to registering yet - I should probably do that so if the wrong guy wins, it isn't my fault ...
Now you are just trying to make me feel guilty, by insinuating that it will be my fault if Mittens wins; as I preferred to buy a nice new shiny barbecue and patio set rather than pay for naturalization.

To answer the original question. Me, because I can't.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 4:35 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Now you are just trying to make me feel guilty, by insinuating that it will be my fault if Mittens wins; as I preferred to buy a nice new shiny barbecue and patio set rather than pay for naturalization.

To answer the original question. Me, because I can't.
I never thought of that.

Neither of us were eligible to vote in 2008 and the right man won, though. I didn't live here at all in 2004 and look what happened then ...
Old Aug 21st 2012, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

I'm voting for Obama. The Republicans have deliberately played political games that have hurt the country just to further their own cause of non-cooperation with Obama. They've also picked another idiot candidate in Mitt The Twit. He made a fool of himself when he visited the UK just before the Olympics. The US will be a laughing stock again overseas if Mitt The Twit wins.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

RalphJolly is a jewel in the roughRalphJolly is a jewel in the roughRalphJolly is a jewel in the roughRalphJolly is a jewel in the roughRalphJolly is a jewel in the rough

Has anyone else read "Bought and Paid for" by Gasparino?
It's an interesting take on why Wall St chose Obama over Clinton and McCain back in 2008.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 5:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I will be voting...but who I vote for is between me and the ballot box.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 5:44 pm
He/him

Has anyone else read "Bought and Paid for" by Gasparino?
It's an interesting take on why Wall St chose Obama over Clinton and McCain back in 2008.
Do give us a quick synopsis.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 5:47 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes I will be voting...but who I vote for is between me and the ballot box.
So it's Mittens, then - nobody would admit to that
Old Aug 21st 2012, 5:54 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I see the Rent is Too Damn High Guy is throwing his hat in the ring. Jimmy McMillan has said that Obama is “a good-looking young guy, and I’m a handsome old dude. So there’s gonna be some competition there”.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Do give us a quick synopsis.
I haven't finished the book so I'll give a bad synopsis.

Basically it explains why Wall St leaders are democrats; banks see big government as an opportunity for big profits -obvious maybe but not a point I had fully taken on board.
Wall St (specifically Jamie Dimon and Lloyd Blankfein) thought McCain was hostile to them and that they couldn't trust Hillary. That left them with Obama who they expected to maintain the status quo of Wall St and continue with the corporate welfare.

Last edited by RalphJolly; Aug 21st 2012 at 6:11 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

COB76 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't care about politics etc. then by all means don't vote. Unless you do care about your children's future or that of people you care about.

If you're choosing not to vote just because you're not happy with either party then maybe you need to look at who you're most unhappy with. You're lack of voting can often have the effect of voting except it may not necessarily be for the party you are the least unhappy with. The same applies if you're not voting just because you don't like the nominee.

Obama would get my vote. That's because I firmly believe the Democratic party, at this time, is the best thing for the U.S. however, they'd still get my vote as long as I believe they will do the least harm to the country and it's people.

The main point I want to reiterate is that by not voting, you may actually make things worse for yourself especially if you're in a purple state.

The sad thing is that the U.S. doesn't currently have a viable third option.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:31 am
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Can't vote - yet....ask me again in 2016!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.