Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Who else is in Mass and/or NE

Wikiposts

Who else is in Mass and/or NE

Old Nov 6th 2006, 4:29 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Who else is in Mass and/or NE

Originally Posted by krizzy
Be careful if you come to the Cape...we have some very rundown motels....
A lot of people live in motels and hotels full time because there is no housing here...it can get very loud and messy in those places...but the smell of goat curry is out of this world and reminds me of my childhood......
Goat Curry?? :scared: Yuck lol. Goat cheese is bad enough!
Old Nov 6th 2006, 4:39 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who else is in Mass and/or NE

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
Goat Curry?? :scared: Yuck lol. Goat cheese is bad enough!
Its a Caribbean dish...and lovely....most of the women my mum worked with back in the 60s were from the Caribbean so we had it at parties a lot...if you like curry...I would try it out....
Old Nov 6th 2006, 6:03 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about

Its a Caribbean dish...and lovely....most of the women my mum worked with back in the 60s were from the Caribbean so we had it at parties a lot...if you like curry...I would try it out....
Well I all for trying out new things. I do love a good Indian Curry. Anywhere in Florida you can try some? There are some Caribbean restaurants around here but I don't think I ever saw Goat Curry on the menu.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 6:24 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Who else is in Mass and/or NE

Be careful if you come to the Cape...we have some very rundown motels....
A lot of people live in motels and hotels full time because there is no housing here...it can get very loud and messy in those places...but the smell of goat curry is out of this world and reminds me of my childhood......

Same as for Block Island. We stayed at the 'National Hotel' just across from the ferry terminal and not only was it expensive, the hotel and room was a bit of a dump and seemed damp (even in mid-September). They do love their flowery wallpaper in the older hotels don't they?!
Old Nov 6th 2006, 6:45 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Well I all for trying out new things. I do love a good Indian Curry. Anywhere in Florida you can try some? There are some Caribbean restaurants around here but I don't think I ever saw Goat Curry on the menu.
I don't know...you can make it yourself.......
Old Nov 6th 2006, 6:48 am
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Same as for Block Island. We stayed at the 'National Hotel' just across from the ferry terminal and not only was it expensive, the hotel and room was a bit of a dump and seemed damp (even in mid-September). They do love their flowery wallpaper in the older hotels don't they?!
I would cry if I ended up in some of the motels for a 2 week holiday that we have around here....
My parents are staying at the Holiday Inn up the road from us because they can't get upstairs to use the guest room....its 22 pounds a night at Christmas booking online....when I asked it was $100 plus a night....
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
In Mass you might want to look into Sturbridge or Springfield ...
Springfield, I've been told that was one of the crime capitals of the state *lol*....but the air show sounds like a lot of fun
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:40 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

We don't live in New England, but have been trying to organise a trip to Boston and other places in MA. The problem for us is finding cheap accommodation. We have tried towns outside of Boston, but the price of Hotels is still too high.

I also have a friend in Methuen who I want to go see. Unfortunately she lives in a small apartment and does'nt have room to put us up for the night. If anyone has any suggestions for cheap but good hotels, we would be grateful
Head a bit west, along I-9, if your renting a car, or take a commuter train in, from where I am, it's 15 miles out, about 35-40 mins on the commuter rail, which cost $4.50 one way, which ain't bad, and there are loads of hotels along route 9, route 30 who have shuttle runs to Logon airport...so they might be worth a shout...
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Springfield, I've been told that was one of the crime capitals of the state *lol*....but the air show sounds like a lot of fun
I go to Springfield often ...... I am usually very nervous just getting out of the cab
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Bob ........ I you feel like a drive and want to real 'New England' head out along US2 tp I-91 north and Brattleborough VT, it's a very beautiful town. I pass through there now and then blocking the whole center off when I make turns
Very nice town center.
It will take 1.5 to 2 hours at normal speed.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:32 am
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

We don't live in New England, but have been trying to organise a trip to Boston and other places in MA. The problem for us is finding cheap accommodation. We have tried towns outside of Boston, but the price of Hotels is still too high.
Danvers have really good prices and it's not that far from town. It takes about 30mins to drive in out of rush hour. It's a 15min drive to Salem too.

Bob, deffo visit Cape Ann. Really cute lil towns like Rockport. Halibut point is gorgeous. Personally I hate Cape Cod. Too crowded and agreed the most of the motels are shite.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
Danvers have really good prices and it's not that far from town. It takes about 30mins to drive in out of rush hour. It's a 15min drive to Salem too.

Bob, deffo visit Cape Ann. Really cute lil towns like Rockport. Halibut point is gorgeous. Personally I hate Cape Cod. Too crowded and agreed the most of the motels are shite.
Thanks guys, will take a look.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:55 am
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne

I remember when we first moved on Cape 7 years ago...from Sept till June you could drive for miles and see nothing but the odd cop car on the road....now we have a 10 month season....not 6...a shame for us lot living here all the time....
I may moan about the Cape...but I don't hate it even living with all the tourists...I think you have to grow up in a tourist area to put up with living in one for long....I now live in two...Disney and the Cape...not the same as Southsea or Lee on Solent mind you...but still the traffic problems...bloody Holiday makers...

Its called tourist season so why can't we shoot them....!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:55 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
You mentioned this before and on that recommendation we booked our honeymoon gift for my daughter and son-in-law at a different hotel when my other daughter suggested the NH.

Personally, with all my visits to BI, I have never stayed there but have opted for smaller B&B's around the island. They have ranged from luxury to homey and frankly, I prefer the homey to luxury. I enjoy a B&B where I can sit over coffee or tea with the owner, get to know them and their history, and relaxing without having to dress up and play the part of wealthy New Yorker. After all it ain't true ;-)
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Bob ........ I you feel like a drive and want to real 'New England' head out along US2 tp I-91 north and Brattleborough VT, it's a very beautiful town. I pass through there now and then blocking the whole center off when I make turns
Very nice town center.
It will take 1.5 to 2 hours at normal speed.
I-91...don't think I've ventured there yet...still not seen much of I-495 either after a venture that route up to maine, and down for an interview once...hmmm...well sounds like a fun road trip and would like to see more of vermont other than skipping through the very edge of it once I think *l*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.