Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where's my passport ?

Where's my passport ?

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where's my passport ?

Originally Posted by snowbunny
It's an art and a science. I can sit and twiddle rates and number of uploads and wildly change the outcome. When I have time I do this; when I don't, I pick something fairly reliable to leave up for u/l (or ask Toon to change for me).
Yeah, I leave stuff open and it gets there eventually...I can't be arsed to fiddle it just for one tracker, it's probably the port I'm using, which is well off the default, but it's a good one for most sites, though I might have to tweak it and see...
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:30 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jokeworm
First of all .. hi guys .. been lurking for a while, thought i should jump in with both feet and actually create an account so that i can join in. Couple of things.

1. My passport was due to expire at the end of October. Like a good boy that i am, i went to the relevant website, got all of the correct details, filled out all of the correct paperwork, figured out how much the next installment of my US adventure was going to cost me - and saw the part on the site that said ...

1. How long will it take to process my passport application?

The Summer and the Winter holidays are the busiest periods of the year for issuing passports. We aim to process straightforward applications in 10 working days. First time applications, and those which do not contain all the supporting documents or the correct fee, will inevitably take longer. If you have a date by which you need the passport to travel, please enter this on page 1 of the passport form. The overall time taken to process a passport can be reduced by sending your application through an express mail company.

ten days i thought - no problem - I'll get this sent off now and have it back in no time. So i sent it overnight delivery confirmation on the 16th October. 10 working days - i should have it back by the end of the month. Right ?

days turn into weeks - and eventually - resisting the urge to dial the (no doubt very nice people) @ $2+ per minute who will tell me it is being processed and i should wait patiently .. i notice that my bank account is debited on the 7th November ...

Great - that means everything is ok and i will have my passport sometime soon right ? .... right ?

36 days after applying - and two weeks after they took the money out of my account I'm still waiting patiently ... do i crack and call the number so that they will seal the envelope and give it to FedEx ... or do i continue my game of "chicken" and hope they crack before i do ?

anyone else had to renew recently ? How long did you wait ? did you call the number and give them more $$'s or did you wait it out ?

Welcome Jokeworm
Incidentally we're waiting for my husbands passport to come back after paying nearly double for expedited service, we're still waiting almost 4 weeks later....bloody inefficient government organisations grrrr...
Fingers crossed we both get them soon.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I'd add my tuppence woth on this thread...

Darling hubby thought he'd surprise me with a ticket home, to leave here Christmas night... love him, after booking the ticket and swearing everyone to secrecy, he was asked for my passport number oly to find that it expires mid December :scared:

He had to let the secret out as I had to renew and get pics (horrible scary ones again) done and sent off to embassy in DC.

They were quick off the mark, I'm well chuffed with them, it's taken less than two weeks to get back to me, all shiny and new and old one with corner chopped off... am peeved at Fed-Ex though, bloody people left it tucked on the outside of the screen door, wedged in a curly iron part, for all the world to see, as I wasn't home when they called. It said on the paperwork from the embassy that it needed to be signed ofr upon delivery.

So here's a question, do I call Fed-ex and give them a bollocking... or just be thankful that I have my new passport and can go home?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:41 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit
Thought I'd add my tuppence woth on this thread...

Darling hubby thought he'd surprise me with a ticket home, to leave here Christmas night... love him, after booking the ticket and swearing everyone to secrecy, he was asked for my passport number oly to find that it expires mid December :scared:

He had to let the secret out as I had to renew and get pics (horrible scary ones again) done and sent off to embassy in DC.

They were quick off the mark, I'm well chuffed with them, it's taken less than two weeks to get back to me, all shiny and new and old one with corner chopped off... am peeved at Fed-Ex though, bloody people left it tucked on the outside of the screen door, wedged in a curly iron part, for all the world to see, as I wasn't home when they called. It said on the paperwork from the embassy that it needed to be signed ofr upon delivery.

So here's a question, do I call Fed-ex and give them a bollocking... or just be thankful that I have my new passport and can go home?

2 weeks isnt a bad turn around!! - ive heard when you need passport renewals done in a hurry its worth including a cover letter detailing your intended travel dates and also put urgent application on the outside of the packaging helps!!

- i would have a good moan to fedex!!, what if someone else just took it? - then fedex would really be caught out!!

Ant
Old Dec 8th 2005, 1:13 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Welcome Jokeworm
Incidentally we're waiting for my husbands passport to come back after paying nearly double for expedited service, we're still waiting almost 4 weeks later....bloody inefficient government organisations grrrr...

Which government would that be?

Old Dec 11th 2005, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

faceless is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jokeworm
We hope that by sticking with the high moral ground we are showing that there is a need to provide a service to ex-pats like us that would have no other way of viewing a lot of this stuff if it were not for uknova.
Moral high ground? How does that statement cover your admin toejam's allowing of my personal details to be published? What high-ground is that exactly?

Also, any site which allows copyrighted material to be distributed is committing a crime - ok? All your bullshit about being different is exactly that. Where does all the money from donations go? The server costs are fairly small and none of the cappers are ever given a penny, so what happens to the cash? And don't think that I'd believe that from 30000 members there isn't a good few thousands of pounds to be accounted for. That money is directly linked to the provision of copyrighted material which you do not have permission to distribute - you're pirates, just admit it and stop the bullshit.

by the way - www.couchtracker.com offers a much easier, quicker and efficent service in providing UKTV such as Eastenders, Corrie, The Bill etc.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 1:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by faceless
Moral high ground? How does that statement cover your admin toejam's allowing of my personal details to be published? What high-ground is that exactly?
Also, any site which allows copyrighted material to be distributed is committing a crime - ok? All your bullshit about being different is exactly that. Where does all the money from donations go? The server costs are fairly small and none of the cappers are ever given a penny, so what happens to the cash? And don't think that I'd believe that from 30000 members there isn't a good few thousands of pounds to be accounted for. That money is directly linked to the provision of copyrighted material which you do not have permission to distribute - you're pirates, just admit it and stop the bullshit.
by the way - www.couchtracker.com offers a much easier, quicker and efficent service in providing UKTV such as Eastenders, Corrie, The Bill etc.
What are you going on about ...
try and write in an understandable format ..
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Faceless?
Reg. Frank R.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
What are you going on about ...
try and write in an understandable format ..
An understandable format? Are sentences and paragraphs in Standard English not good enough for you?

Don't reply - I was being sarcastic you muppet.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by frrussre
Faceless?
Reg. Frank R.
Do I know you?
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:33 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

a torrent of abuse...........

BOOM BOOM
Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:11 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manc
a torrent of abuse...........

BOOM BOOM

Not bad
I think someone needs to see a counseller

My uknova picks of the week:
the real heroes of Telemark
championship snooker quarter and semi finals!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:22 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Wonder if you can help. I noticed my Brit passport has expired and I need to renew it, gone to the British Embassy website, it talks about filling in an application form, but I can't find the form on the website ...

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/i...sp?i=10080&d=1

Have you got the URL for the application form?

Cheers.
Chris

Originally Posted by paul_TX
Hey jokeworm...welcome.

We did a passport renewal for my son about 2 months ago and it did only take about 10 days from start to finish. Maybe it was quicker because it was a child passport renewal but I think you're going to have to dig deep and call them.

Will bear you in mind when I have some uknova questions

Cheers
Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:29 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by User Name
Hi,
Wonder if you can help. I noticed my Brit passport has expired and I need to renew it, gone to the British Embassy website, it talks about filling in an application form, but I can't find the form on the website ...

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/i...sp?i=10080&d=1

Have you got the URL for the application form?

Cheers.
Chris
From the URL you provided, try clicking on "British Passport" and then on "Applying for a passport - applications, renewals and changes".

In case you need further help, I would suggest that the next link you try should be "application forms".

Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:33 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

It was difficult to find ...

http://www.britainusa.com/consular/c1form04.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.