Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where are you going for Hollidays this year?

Where are you going for Hollidays this year?

Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where are you going for Hollidays this year?

Trying to decide where to go this year, not interested in Florida, S.Cali or Texas...been there and want to go somewhere different, I'm thinking of the East Coast, but don't want humidity or Mosquitoes! Would really like to go somewhere with an 'older' feel and good entertainment. This will probably be our last 'family' Holiday as our son will be 17 in October, he will most likely not want to be included next year
He likes to visit museums and both he and hubby like historical sites. Am I asking for too much, or is there a place that has it all?
Thank you for any input, you guys, I have faith that someone out in BE land can come help me out
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where are you going for Hollidays this year?

London?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
London?
Thank you
Would prefer Cornwall, if I were going that far!!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

kath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant future

nottingham
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kath58
nottingham
OK, any suggestions that are actually in the US?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Thank you
Would prefer Cornwall, if I were going that far!!
hehe! When I go back to visit LHR to Cornwall really adds alot to the journey to the point of making it quite torturous.
No holiday for me this year with kid on way. Hope to back for Xmas though.

On topic How about Seattle? Just as a gut reaction. I was only there for 2 days on a trip through but the Museum of Music was excellent. Pike Market is interesting for a couple of hours. And it's very scenic up there.
If I went again I'd consider maybe a 2 centre holiday taking in Vancouver and BC aswell.
If you've got the SoCal T Shirt maybe try NorCal. Not humid though it gets pretty warm toward end of summer. Wine country. Lots of excellent museums etc in San Francisco itself. Surrounding area scenic and interesting too. Still exploring myself but you've got beaches to redwood forests.

Have fun!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

hehe! When I go back to visit LHR to Cornwall really adds alot to the journey to the point of making it quite torturous.

On topic How about Seattle? Just as a gut reaction. I was only there for 2 days on a trip through but the Museum of Music was excellent. Pike Market is interesting for a couple of hours. And it's very scenic up there.
If I went again I'd consider maybe a 2 centre holiday taking in Vancouver and BC aswell.
If you've got the SoCal T Shirt maybe try NorCal. Not humid though it gets pretty warm toward end of summer. Wine country. Lots of excellent museums etc in San Francisco itself. Surrounding area scenic and interesting too. Still exploring myself but you've got beaches to redwood forests.

Have fun!
I was going to suggest Vancouver too. Great city! How about Quebec...never been but I've heard it's really nice

I'm lucky enough to be going on a Mum and daughter trip with my 12 year old to Paris and Barcelona
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have fun!

We are actually going to Canada next year some time, we have Brit friends that moved there a couple years ago, (guess I should have told them, before I posted, they are BE members,lol) Anyway, I think I would like N.Cali, and it's an idea, but really would like to see some of the East coast for a change.
Thanx for posting
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lisa67
I'm lucky enough to be going on a Mum and daughter trip with my 12 year old to Paris and Barcelona

That sounds like fun, hope you have a great time!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
We are actually going to Canada next year some time, we have Brit friends that moved there a couple years ago, (guess I should have told them, before I posted, they are BE members,lol) Anyway, I think I would like N.Cali, and it's an idea, but really would like to see some of the East coast for a change.
Thanx for posting
Boston? NYC? Both have an older feel (for the US anyway) have plenty of things to do and history. Have you considered either?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
I was going to suggest Vancouver too. Great city! How about Quebec...never been but I've heard it's really nice

Wow Lisa!! I love Barcelona.. really great city - I have only been to Paris once and I'm sorry to say that as it was a Hen weekend I have absolutely no recollection of it at all Hope you both have a fantabulous time!!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Boston? NYC? Both have an older feel (for the US anyway) have plenty of things to do and history. Have you considered either?

Great ideas, I have put them both on my list for further research, thank you Kaffy
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:00 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Are you going in summer?

If you want to go later in fall, go to White Mountains in NH, and Green Mountains in Vertmont. (I've been researching both for my parents cos they're gonna do the whole "New England in Fall" thing this year - both sound fabulous)

My dream trip would be to go to wine country in Northern Cali, and then up to Crater Lake in Oregon.

I had really wanted to go home this Summer and over to Ireland for a friend's wedding, but I may not be able to make it...would have been nice about an hour outside Dublin...*sigh*
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Not in the months of June/July/August...the OP doesn't want anywhere humid. NYC is a killer in the summer months.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambapink
Wow Lisa!! I love Barcelona.. really great city - I have only been to Paris once and I'm sorry to say that as it was a Hen weekend I have absolutely no recollection of it at all Hope you both have a fantabulous time!!
cheers Samba, hopefully we'll have a great time and DD's hormones aren't on the rampage or i might have to leave her in Barcelona until she's at least 26 !!! (I know you have daughter's so you can probably relate!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.