Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where would you go?

Where would you go?

Old Oct 31st 2005, 5:27 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where would you go?

In the U.S I would really like to go to,
- Boston/main area, someone said its like Cornwall up there. Cornwall was my fav place back in England.
- The hood river/river gorge, up around Washington state area for kitesurfing.
- San diego for the surfing.
- San fran just to see those rolling streets (thinking steve mcqueen in his mustang).
- Colorado for some skiing and views.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 6:28 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
As a Brit what place or places in the US would you most like to visit and what has been the best place you've visited so far?

Same question to the US members that have been to Britain.

Personally, I can wait to get to see Monument Valley, London bridge, Grand Canyon, Sun studios in Memphis, Bonneville salt flats in Utah.

The nicest place so far I guess is where I live, The Adirondacks, NY and Niagara Falls, NY.
Iraq was crap - terribly over-rated.. Favorite place was Florence in Italy.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 7:08 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
New England in the Fall-nothing like it, .
don't encourage anyone
Old Oct 31st 2005, 7:35 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

As a Brit what place or places in the US would you most like to visit and what has been the best place you've visited so far?

Personally, I can wait to get to see Monument Valley, London bridge, Grand Canyon, Sun studios in Memphis, Bonneville salt flats in Utah.

The nicest place so far I guess is where I live, The Adirondacks, NY and Niagara Falls, NY.
Would love to visit the grand canyon and the mountain states in general.

Would highly recommend Puerto Rico. Visited the world's third largest underground cave system - amazing! Also, it has three of the world's bioluminescent bays. There are only a few of these in the world. We went kayaking in one of them through a mangrove forest, on a moonless night. When you touch the water it glows and looks like millions of sparkly stars. Even more amazing to swim in it. Puerto Rico also has the only rain forest in the US and fabulous beaches!

In the UK, I love London, the Lake District and the Wiltshire countryside.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

On a fast train with the blinds down!!
Hardly! And Knaresborough is just as nice!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 12:01 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Can you remember where it was ?

Just outside Huddersfield
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:58 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LuTziE
Places been in USA
<<snip>>
3)Ohio-Thought Cleaveland was great to see, especially the freestamp. Hated the rock and roll hall of fame, great opn the outside, sucks on the inside.<<snip>>
Cleveland and great in the same sentence.... Did you visit between October through May? Temperature in Cleveland this past weekend was in the 30s compared to London (UK) which was in the 50s.

NC Penguin
Old Nov 1st 2005, 4:04 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Some favourite places:
Olympic Peninsula, WA (home of temperate rain forests and more bears than you can shake a stick at, if you're backpacking)
Crater and Waldo Lakes, OR (some of the clearest, and deepest (Crater Lake) in the world)
Eagle Cap, OR (great backpacking, no people)
Oregon Coast (what's not to love?)
Zion, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Grand Staircase-Escalante, UT (I could probably spend a few months touring southern UT in my car with a tent)
Western Montana

The great-if-I-can-get-away-from-the-people list:
Grand Canyon, AZ.
Yosemite, CA.

The severely over-rated list:
Monument Valley, AZ

The wish list includes:
Glacier, MT
Alaska

The never-go-back-to list:
Ohio
Florida
Old Nov 1st 2005, 4:53 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Umm you do know London Bridge is actually just a standard, red brick bridge?
I think you're talking about Tower Bridge. If you're American then don'tworry a lot of septics get that wrong, if you're a Brit - go to the back of the class!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:40 am
Thems the Vagaries

LuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Cleveland and great in the same sentence.... Did you visit between October through May? Temperature in Cleveland this past weekend was in the 30s compared to London (UK) which was in the 50s.

NC Penguin
I live in Maine... Cleaveland isnt so cold, lol.
Only saw downtown, and i like skylines. Maine has "cities" without any significant skyline.
Maine is like rural England, Cleaveland was American.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:57 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sarah
Umm you do know London Bridge is actually just a standard, red brick bridge?
I think you're talking about Tower Bridge. If you're American then don'tworry a lot of septics get that wrong, if you're a Brit - go to the back of the class!
Red Brick???? It's made out of Granite and in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, not London (who's at the back of the class?).

Also considering I live in the frozen north, would you rather be sitting in the sun in Arizona looking at a nice lake or stuck up to your arse in snow?

PS> I'm a Londoner, I can tell the difference between London Bridge and Tower Bridge. One was bought buy Americans thinking it was the other...allegedly

Last edited by rushman; Nov 1st 2005 at 7:59 am.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

I live in london... and am moving to nashville next year...
best places visited in the US
Memphis (but not sun studios or graceland, stick with beale street)
Nashville is a beautiful and clean city, but not alot to see there, just enjoy the southern hospitality = food is amazing
Go to lynchburg and see the jack daniels factory
washington is cool
do the tourist thing in orlando, its like being in a wacked out cartoon (best thing to do is stay drunk the whole time)

In UK, go to warwick castle- best day out i ever had, windsor, lake district, suffolk is nice..

if you do get chance to do stuff in europe you MUST go to lake garda (Italy)and Santorini (greece). these are the most beautiful places i have ever seen!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 1:16 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

The Devils Tower got to me the most...I just loved the place.....and Little Bighorn.....
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by krizzy
The Devils Tower got to me the most...I just loved the place.....and Little Bighorn.....
Are they both secretly encrypted descriptions of Mr. Krizzy???
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:23 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Are they both secretly encrypted descriptions of Mr. Krizzy???
Do you mean is he very tall...........