Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where in the USA do you live?

Where in the USA do you live?

Old Jan 8th 2005, 6:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in the USA do you live?

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
I have found so many people on this forum very interesting and so helpful that I have wondered just how many people have actually met others here. I was thinking it might be nice to post where you live in the USA and where your spouse is from. We all just might be surprised how close we live to one another and might be able to get together sometime. Would be so nice for me and Hubby to meet a couple where the Husband is from Wales like him and the Wife is from the USA. So I will start...

Garry is from Wales, UK
I am originally from Connecticut.....

and we live in the Concord, New Hampshire area. I work in Salem, New Hampshire which is 40 miles or so from Boston. Anyone live nearby? Would sure be nice to have a little British Expat Party sometime.
Sadegh and I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I'm originally from Connecticut, though, too. Sadegh is originally from Iran, but was living in Turkey for the past 10 years before coming to the USA. We met in Turkey.

I've had the pleasure of meeting 3 other people from this forum in person.

Rene
Old Jan 8th 2005, 8:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Rita a/k/a Rete was born in Karlsruhe, Germany and came to the US at the age of 5 months. She has lived her entire 56 years in the small city just outside of NYC, NY.

James a/k/a Jim was born in Montreal and has lived all over the world during his 36 years with the RCAF. He has lived in Cold Lake, Alberta, Greenwood, NS, New Brunswick and BC provinces and lived for 16 years in Karlsruhe, Germany and one year in California and attended elementary school in South Bend, Indiana and for a short time was a green card holder when his family migrated to Maine in the 1940's. He retired from the RCAF in 1994 to Ottawa, Canada.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 8:44 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking it might be nice to post where you live in the USA and where your spouse is from.
Okay, my turn! I was born and bred in the briar patches here in Portland, Oregon and now my honey is here too, but he was originally from a small city outside of Karachi, Pakistan. I have met several really cool people on line thru this site. I have learned a lot, but also it has helped me to pass the long months of waiting with people who are going thru or have gone thru similar visa journeys.

Marnee
Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:39 pm
waiting for 4 years

letysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really nice

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
Okay, my turn! I was born and bred in the briar patches here in Portland, Oregon and now my honey is here too, but he was originally from a small city outside of Karachi, Pakistan. I have met several really cool people on line thru this site. I have learned a lot, but also it has helped me to pass the long months of waiting with people who are going thru or have gone thru similar visa journeys.

Marnee
ok now me
I am the USC I was born in washington DC and lived in Mississippi , Alabama ,Ottawa Canada and Missouri I met Lety in Mexico . she has lived in Mexico City and Leon , GTO, Now in Missouri with me . We met orginally on ICQ in Arpil of 2000
Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Chris was born and raised in Queens, NY - this is where we live now (down the block from the house he grew up in, which is weird sort of haha). And I lived all over in Canada, and a few different places in the US, over time. Queens now, obviously
Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:01 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrea874
Chris was born and raised in Queens, NY - this is where we live now (down the block from the house he grew up in, which is weird sort of haha). And I lived all over in Canada, and a few different places in the US, over time. Queens now, obviously
I was born in New Hampshire lived there until age 11 then moved across the CT River to Vermont. Left VT after first marriage, lived in FL, Ohio, Germany, Virginia, the Netherlands and now Georgia. Steve was born in Birmingham England and had always lived there (other than a few years in Manchester for university) until he came here to be with me in 2003.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Quyrah_RV is an unknown quantity at this point

I was born & raised in and around Montreal, QC, although all my family have moved to Nanaimo, BC, Edmonton, AB, & Calgary, AB. I've lived in Toronto, & Ottawa, ON. After I met my husband who is originally from El Paso, TX, lived in Dallas, TX for many, many years I moved to Dallas. Then we moved to Pigeon Forge, TN were we are now and love it here.

Best to all

Quyrah (formerly Mtl, now TN)
RV (formerly TX, now TN)
Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

berthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Quyrah_RV
I was born & raised in and around Montreal, QC, although all my family have moved to Nanaimo, BC, Edmonton, AB, & Calgary, AB. I've lived in Toronto, & Ottawa, ON. After I met my husband who is originally from El Paso, TX, lived in Dallas, TX for many, many years I moved to Dallas. Then we moved to Pigeon Forge, TN were we are now and love it here.

Best to all

Quyrah (formerly Mtl, now TN)
RV (formerly TX, now TN)
Berthman is from Cornwall, UK and is moving to Wifes home in Phoenix, although we originally met in Seattle.

I'm up for a meet at some point. Anyone else in Phoenix

Regards,

Berthman
Old Jan 8th 2005, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking it might be nice to post where you live in the USA and where your spouse is from.
I was born in Glasgow, Scotland but my family moved to Toronto, Ontario (or, more commonly, T.O., or even Toronto the Good) when I was 6 - which is where I grew up. I've lived for extended periods in both Windsor and Kingston, Ontario, and in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Sheila was born just outside Detroit, Michigan - and we both now live in northeast Kentucky!

Ian
Old Jan 9th 2005, 1:02 am
Sophie T

"Quyrah_RV" <member1478@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > > I was born in New Hampshire lived there until age 11 then moved across
    > > the CT River to Vermont. Left VT after first marriage, lived in FL,
    > > Ohio, Germany, Virginia, the Netherlands and now Georgia. Steve was
    > > born in Birmingham England and had always lived there (other than a
    > > few years in Manchester for university) until he came here to be with
    > > me in 2003.
    > I was born & raised in and around Montreal, QC, although all my family
    > have moved to Nanaimo, BC, Edmonton, AB, & Calgary, AB. I've lived in
    > Toronto, & Ottawa, ON. After I met my husband who is originally from El
    > Paso, TX, lived in Dallas, TX for many, many years I moved to Dallas.
    > Then we moved to Pigeon Forge, TN were we are now and love it here.
    > Best to all
    > Quyrah (formerly Mtl, now TN)
    > RV (formerly TX, now TN)
    > --

I was born and raised in Cleveland, Tennessee. My husband was born in
Switzerland and lived there until he moved to the US in 2000. We got
married in Pigeon Forge! :-)
Now we live in Nashville, Tennessee

Old Jan 9th 2005, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough

I guess I can contribute to this too. My wife was born in Russia and moved to the US when she was 12. She's now a USC. I was born in Russia also. We met online in September 1998. Got married in Moscow in April 2004. I moved to the US in September. We now live in Reisterstown, suburban Baltimore, MD.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 1:45 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Well this is an interesting thread. So I wanted to contribute.

I was born in Bournemouth, England. Our family moved to Gold Coast, Queensland in Australia when I was 7. I then graduated in 2001, moved back to England where on vacation back to Australia a year later met my now American wife. Confused? I am

Angie was born in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin. She has lived here her entire life, but has moved to different area's of Wisconsin like Fond Du Lac, Madison and more recently Milwaukee for university.

So there is our contribution

James
Old Jan 9th 2005, 2:35 am
Jg

Hi, we want to contribute too.
I was born and raised in Finland and my husband was born in St.Louis
Illinois. We currently live in Salisbury, NC. I came here originally on a
H-1B but we had already met before the visa went through. I spent over 2
years in Texas as a tourist going back and forth every 3 months :)

Jaana and Jim

"USA & Pakistan" <member26954@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    >> I have found so many people on this forum very interesting and so
    >> helpful that I have wondered just how many people have actually met
    >> others here. I was thinking it might be nice to post where you live
    >> in the USA and where your spouse is from. We all just might be
    >> surprised how close we live to one another and might be able to get
    >> together sometime. Would be so nice for me and Hubby to meet a couple
    >> where the Husband is from Wales like him and the Wife is from the USA.
    >> So I will start...
    >> Garry is from Wales, UK
    >> I am originally from Connecticut.....
    >> and we live in the Concord, New Hampshire area. I work in Salem, New
    >> Hampshire which is 40 miles or so from Boston. Anyone live nearby?
    >> Would sure be nice to have a little British Expat Party sometime.
    > Okay, my turn! I was born and bred in the briar patches here in
    > Portland, Oregon and now my honey is here too, but he was originally
    > from a small city outside of Karachi, Pakistan. I have met several
    > really cool people on line thru this site. I have learned a lot, but
    > also it has helped me to pass the long months of waiting with people who
    > are going thru or have gone thru similar visa journeys.
    > :DMarnee
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jan 9th 2005, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

I grew up in San Francisco and my husband is from Sweden. We now live on the San Francisco peninsula.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Ok my turn.
I was born in The Netherlands, moved with my parents to Australia (Melbourne) at the age of 3 years. I lived in Australia for 18 years, moved back to The Netherlands when I was 21. I am now 46, married to the most wonderful woman, and live in Kentucky, where we will be together till the day God needs us upstairs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.