Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where in the US would you like to visit?

Wikiposts

Where in the US would you like to visit?

Old Jun 24th 2006, 1:27 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in the US would you like to visit?

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
And you can run up the steps pretending to be Rocky

Now why would I want todo that, pray?
Old Jun 24th 2006, 1:28 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira

Now why would I want todo that, pray?
Because it's there.
George Mallory
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
Oh, and 10 days is a tad better! It would take at least 4 days of travelling there and back (and that's if you really hustle! ), that leaves you 5-6 days to see the sights, that would probably be good. If you do decide on that area PM and I will tell you all the great places to look out for.
Thanks again. Hope you are both feeling better before Tuesday.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 4:38 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see Las Vegas, San Diego and LA. A few days in each then off to Hawaii. Need to win the Lottery to do it though.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 5:06 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Following on from Kingfisher's thread, is there anywhere in the US you would like to visit?

We are trying to arrange a holiday. Now that its just the two of us, we would like to go on a road trip. Hubby would like to do 'Route 66'. I would like to see Mt Rushmore. We haven't ruled out flying somewhere then renting a car or maybe driving down to the Carolinas or north to Quebec.

Any recommendations?
I've been on a little of route 66...it must have been the boring part ...as for me I'd like to see Hawaii
Old Jun 25th 2006, 5:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
I've been on a little of route 66...it must have been the boring part ...as for me I'd like to see Hawaii

Oh yes! I would go back to Hawaii every year if the decision was mine but hubby likes to see different places. I have been to other pacific islands (south pacific) but they can't hold a candle to Hawaii IMHO.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 5:24 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes! I would go back to Hawaii every year if the decision was mine but hubby likes to see different places. I have been to other pacific islands (south pacific) but they can't hold a candle to Hawaii IMHO.
Oh God .. the Sound of Bali Hai ...will be coming any moment ...
Old Jun 25th 2006, 9:06 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
... or the them tune to Hawaii Five-O!

NC Penguin
Old Jun 25th 2006, 10:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ray

Not from me....you can stick Bali and the other Pacific islands....give me Hawaii any day of the week.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

NY,NJ, RI, and Massachusetts.

Following on from Kingfisher's thread, is there anywhere in the US you would like to visit?

We are trying to arrange a holiday. Now that its just the two of us, we would like to go on a road trip. Hubby would like to do 'Route 66'. I would like to see Mt Rushmore. We haven't ruled out flying somewhere then renting a car or maybe driving down to the Carolinas or north to Quebec.

Any recommendations?
Old Jul 10th 2006, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Been to the North East States .....but would love to go to Montana region.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Caligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really nice

Fav places for scenery that I've been to:

Victoria, BC Canada
Arcadia Nat'l Park & Bar Harbor - Maine
Road to Hana, Maui - Hawaii
Lake Quinault, Olympic National Forest (rain forest) - Washington State
Yarmouth - Nova Scotia
Mammoth Lakes & Rock Creek Lake - California
Carmel & Big Sur - California
Yosemite & Giant Sequoias - California
The Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest - California
Grand Canyon
Continental Divide - Montana (Breathtaking)
Red Rock Country, Sedona - Arizona
Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe - Nevada
Ainsworth Hot Springs, Canada

Places I'd like to see & do:

Na Pali Coast Kauai - Hawaii
Key Largo to Key West - Florida
Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park - TN
Willamette National Forest - Oregon
Mississippi River Cruise
Jenny Lake in Grand Teton National Park - Wyoming
The Lost Sea, largest underground lake in a cave - Tennessee
Old Jul 11th 2006, 7:25 am
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
The Alamo
Make sure to check out the basement while you're there.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 8:59 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Selma Hayek's bedroom.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by ironporer
Selma Hayek's bedroom.

Why do you guys like Selma Bleedin' Hayek? I can't understand a word she says....but I don't supposed you're bothered about her voice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.