British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Where tp propose in NYC? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/where-tp-propose-nyc-525821/)

Phychlone Apr 4th 2008 6:53 pm

Re: Where tp propose in NYC?

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 6159766)
Conquered?
The US? (I don't remember that from history class...)

Of course we know the US PEOPLE cannot be conquered:rofl: I am of course referring to the LAND!

frrussre Apr 4th 2008 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Phychlone (Post 6159743)
I don't wish to sound callous but wasn't the US conquered using horses? (Covers head awaiting fallout)

Yes, but there weren't millions of cars,trucks & buses + factories, pumping out exhaust fumes.
Reg. Frank R.

GoldFinger Apr 5th 2008 4:11 pm

Conquered?

Me neither.

What about getting married in the Marriott in Times Square on that floor that has a great view of the city. They told me in there that its a popular plae for weddings.

Phychlone Apr 5th 2008 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by GoldFinger (Post 6163681)
Me neither.

What about getting married in the Marriott in Times Square on that floor that has a great view of the city. They told me in there that its a popular plae for weddings.

WHOOOOOA! I don't know she's going to say yes yet!:rofl: I quite like the idea of getting married abroad but it's not really fair on the family to make them travel 8 hours or so to see us tie the knot.

Ozzidoc Apr 5th 2008 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Phychlone (Post 6164196)
WHOOOOOA! I don't know she's going to say yes yet!:rofl: I quite like the idea of getting married abroad but it's not really fair on the family to make them travel 8 hours or so to see us tie the knot.

I can vouch for eloping!

Phychlone Apr 5th 2008 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 6164249)
I can vouch for eloping!

It appeals because of the cost and the fact that I wouldn't have to "play nice" with people that we only ever see when friends/family get married or pass away.

meauxna Apr 5th 2008 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 6164249)
I can vouch for eloping!

Me three!

But it probably comes down to how Future Missus thinks about weddings. If she really wants one with all the attachments, it's a cheat if she doesn't have it.
Me, I'd do the deed right there while in NYC and have it done with. :)

Phychlone Apr 5th 2008 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 6164331)
Me three!

But it probably comes down to how Future Missus thinks about weddings. If she really wants one with all the attachments, it's a cheat if she doesn't have it.
Me, I'd do the deed right there while in NYC and have it done with. :)

Yeah, we had discussed it before and she suggested that she wanted to be made a fuss of for one day.

meauxna Apr 5th 2008 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Phychlone (Post 6164469)
Yeah, we had discussed it before and she suggested that she wanted to be made a fuss of for one day.

It might inspire your Gentle Readers if you remind them how long you've been stringing her along... :D

Phychlone Apr 5th 2008 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 6164556)
It might inspire your Gentle Readers if you remind them how long you've been stringing her along... :D

Erm....that would be 10 years come September.......:o:lol:

Ridski Apr 7th 2008 3:51 pm

Conquered?

You say tomayto, I say tomahto
I say conquest, you say Manifest Destiny...

:D

neil Apr 7th 2008 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Phychlone (Post 6164196)

Why not, we did ours just outside Vegas; we had 70 guests flying in from the UK, California, Washington state, NJ, NY, Connecticut. It was a fantastic build up.

Phychlone Apr 7th 2008 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by neil (Post 6173494)
Why not, we did ours just outside Vegas; we had 70 guests flying in from the UK, California, Washington state, NJ, NY, Connecticut. It was a fantastic build up.

Sounds like a blast but unfortunately cost prohibitive for some family as they would all be coming from the UK.

neil Apr 7th 2008 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Phychlone (Post 6174016)
Sounds like a blast but unfortunately cost prohibitive for some family as they would all be coming from the UK.

That's how we kept the numbers down and kept out the riff raff :sneaky:

Optimus Prime Apr 7th 2008 6:28 pm

On the tarmac of JFK just as flight VS25 takes off for LHR.