Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where tp propose in NYC?

Where tp propose in NYC?

Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:23 pm
An Unknown Yank Fraction

Phychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where tp propose in NYC?

Originally Posted by Longy
Not to put a dampner on your plans, but I have been to the Empire State a couple of times and there is nothing romantic about it, you stand in line for hours only to get to the top and find out the top is just a shop!!

Also 4th July would be nightmare - this from the ESB website:

Planning to visit the building and see the fireworks on July 4th is not a good idea. First, people come early in the day and stay until the fireworks start, so we have to stop selling tickets and admitting people late in the afternoon because the observation deck is crowded; second, only people on the east side of the deck near the fencing can see any part of the fireworks, and not that much of them, and people get very disappointed after waiting all day and not seeing the fireworks. It is best to visit another day and watch the fireworks from along the river in NYC, or in NJ, Brooklyn or Staten Island.

Originally Posted by MsElui
oooh under the statue of liberty would be fab!
O.K, So any other ideas? I have reservations about the Statue of Liberty as it is my belief that there is a ferry ride involved and whilst I'm O.K on the water my OH gets sea sick on a pedelo

So, where do I do the deed?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where tp propose in NYC?

Originally Posted by Phychlone
O.K, So any other ideas? I have reservations about the Statue of Liberty as it is my belief that there is a ferry ride involved and whilst I'm O.K on the water my OH gets sea sick on a pedelo

So, where do I do the deed?
You'll be in New Jersey and not New York if you propose at the Statue of Liberty. Don't actually think you can get to Liberty Island on the evening of the 4th July because fireworks are set off from there. I'm sure the nearest you can get is Liberty State Park NJ.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:44 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You'll be in New Jersey and not New York if you propose at the Statue of Liberty.
No, you'd be in NY (although physically in NJ waters, so possibly could be argued you'd be in both NY and NJ).
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Following the theme of a scene in "Sex and the City", I always thought a carriage ride through Central Park looked romantic. Maybe you can propose there, on the carriage?

Rene
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

rew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud of

The top of the Rockefeller Center (http://www.topoftherocknyc.com/) is a good alternative to the Empire State Building - I found it to be a much less crowded, much more pleasant experience, and still has wonderful views. No idea about 4th July though...
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:30 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Following the theme of a scene in "Sex and the City", I always thought a carriage ride through Central Park looked romantic. Maybe you can propose there, on the carriage?

Rene
Take a marble rye with you and pretend you're in a Seinfeld episode
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:40 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

The roof garden of the Metropolitan Museum is pretty nice:

http://www.metmuseum.org/special/se_event.asp?OccurrenceId={5F785871-78A9-41C4-AEDA-773CA0F10F03}
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:05 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Bethesda Terrace in Central Park. You won't see the fireworks, but then, chances are you won't anyway. It's certainly one of the most romantic places in New York.

Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Might be a bit expensive and you would probably have to book it about now, but a dinner cruise aboard the Yacht that leaves from the west side of the city would be fabulous for that event.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski
Bethesda Terrace in Central Park. You won't see the fireworks, but then, chances are you won't anyway. It's certainly one of the most romantic places in New York.

http://wirednewyork.com/parks/centra...a/bethesda.jpg
Spent many an afternoon sitting there.
Reg. Frank R.
Ps. You just made me CP homesick.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Spent many an afternoon sitting there.
Reg. Frank R.
Ps. You just made me CP homesick.
Hey Frank... from wet and dull Joisey.

I remember sitting there watching a guy dance with a mannequin strapped to his shoes. He was brilliant.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:59 pm
An Unknown Yank Fraction

Phychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Might be a bit expensive and you would probably have to book it about now, but a dinner cruise aboard the Yacht that leaves from the west side of the city would be fabulous for that event.
Rete, I'm assuming that your Avatar and heading together mean that you or someone close to you has had some good news. If I am wrong then please excuse me, I am new to these boards. If I am right, congratualtions

Regarding the river boat trip, that would be one of the best but unfortunately my OH gets very very sick when on any body of water deeper than a paddling pool

I quite like the idea of proposing bt that fountain on a day like that and then taking an evening ride around Central Park on a horsedrawn carriage. I'm sure my idea of romance has been warped by being dragged along to watch hours of watching romance films with my beloved

More pics of the scenes if possible....it helps the imagination process.

Last edited by Phychlone; Mar 31st 2008 at 9:02 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hey Frank... from wet and dull Joisey.

I remember sitting there watching a guy dance with a mannequin strapped to his shoes. He was brilliant.
Hi Jersey, that was probably me on a bad business day. I spent many a time pushing the baby stroller around that fountain, the boy will be 20 soon. That photo brought a big smile to my face. Infact the person with the bike, sitting on the fountain wall , could easily be me, I sat in that very spot dozens of times.
Reg. Frank R.

Ps. 81f & breezy here in Ft Lauderdale.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Phychlone
Rete, I'm assuming that your Avatar and heading together mean that you or someone close to you has had some good news. If I am wrong then please excuse me, I am new to these boards. If I am right, congratualtions

Regarding the river boat trip, that would be one of the best but unfortunately my OH gets very very sick when on any body of water deeper than a paddling pool

I quite like the idea of proposing bt that fountain on a day like that and then taking an evening ride around Central Park on a horsedrawn carriage. I'm sure my idea of romance has been warped by being dragged along to watch hours of watching romance films with my beloved

More pics of the scenes if possible....it helps the imagination process.
I wonder how any wedding proposals have been made at the top of Empire State Building, 10,000's?
Reg. frank R.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:22 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

The Half Pint in Greenwich Village. Nice cozy pub, decent bar snacks and two real ales on last time I was there. Be careful of the step going into the toilets, mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.