Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where to take UK Passport Size Photos?Help!!

Where to take UK Passport Size Photos?Help!!

Old May 30th 2014, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

mmwsn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to take UK Passport Size Photos?Help!!

Originally Posted by brit_usa2014
Ok, I finally went to CVS Pharmacy & managed to get it done!

Only gripe was I had to convert it to inches so incase those requiring, it is (I hope) 1.77 x 1.37 inches (45mm x 35mm). They had the Kodak photo studio and printed it immediately!!

Could someone please confirm if it'll work?

Thanks for all your help!
You can just send regular US-sized, uncut, passport photos! I got the photos at CVS, sent my application in April 2014, and got it back in 4 weeks. Don't go through all the hassle of conversion.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

lantanagal is an unknown quantity at this point

Lantana, Florida: I had no luck with two Walmart photo centers (only US size/format available) nor three local CVS locations. At one CVS location the woman said she had done some a while ago but it 'took her about two hours' and she said 'I'm not going through that again'. Fortunately, my local Walgreens does have the machine that can do just about any country and it took less than 5 minutes and cost $11.99. The only thing they can't do is machine trim them (two photos come out on one sheet) but you can see the outline and do it yourself. For what it's worth, the machine/system looks state of the art. The operator can easily centre the image over your features so that it complies with the spec. There is an on-screen information panel for each country, alongside the image, that tells you what the spec is and it seemed to be the same information as currently on the gov.uk website. But as other posters have mentioned, and even the helpful Walgreens associate admitted, not everyone that works there knows how to use it or what it can do. So be persistent and don't get fobbed off. I'm not sure I would have wanted to risk the hassle of having the process halted and the application sent round the loop if I'd submitted US format ones. You just need someone in the UK passport office to be having a bad day and they'll refer you to the part of the application that does clearly state that you need to comply with the required spec and format.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 4:58 am
British Expat in Texas

Kintsukuroi is an unknown quantity at this point

I have never sent "UK passport photos". I have always sent off regular US passport photos and they have been accepted every time for me and my children's UK passports.