Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where to take UK Passport Size Photos?Help!!

Where to take UK Passport Size Photos?Help!!

Old May 28th 2014, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

brit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Where to take UK Passport Size Photos?Help!!

Reading this forum, a lot of members seem to have said that Walgreens does UK Size Passport Photo, but I went into my local one yesterday (huge store), but they only do US size ones..

I am now stuck and don't know where else to go! Is there a reputable online site that does them? I have a soft copy (with the required size and background), but no hard copy. If I could just upload and have it printed that'll be great too.

Btw, I live in Framingham, Massachusetts.
Old May 28th 2014, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to take UK Passport Size Photos?Help!!

Originally Posted by brit_usa2014
Reading this forum, a lot of members seem to have said that Walgreens does UK Size Passport Photo, but I went into my local one yesterday (huge store), but they only do US size ones..

I am now stuck and don't know where else to go! Is there a reputable online site that does them? I have a soft copy (with the required size and background), but no hard copy. If I could just upload and have it printed that'll be great too.

Btw, I live in Framingham, Massachusetts.
Walgreens can do the right size for virtually any passport in the world. The trouble is that their staff often do not know that! Insist that they look at the menus on their machine and somewhere they will find the list and be able to select UK.
Old May 28th 2014, 6:07 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

the uk sized are the same as US sized but just background trimmed down. ie the face measurements are identical as they are GLOBAL standard rules they comply with. UK WILL accept US passport photos and they just trim of the excess. (US are squarer cut so more background shows).

last renewal i did - i didnt ask walgreens for uk sizes - i just got standard us passport sizes and sent them in as they were. I remember specifically the UK passport website used to say leave them and THEY will trim.
Old May 28th 2014, 6:07 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
Walgreens can do the right size for virtually any passport in the world. The trouble is that their staff often do not know that! Insist that they look at the menus on their machine and somewhere they will find the list and be able to select UK.
That is providing the store still has the old machines. The new ones do not do UK passports. Info from my local store where the woman has done my wifes' UK passports photos before, but couldn't this time around when I wanted them done.
Old May 28th 2014, 6:08 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
That is providing the store still has the old machines. The new ones do not do UK passports. Info from my local store where the woman has done my wifes' UK passports photos before, but couldn't this time around when I wanted them done.
this just trims the sides off more - really isnt needed.
Old May 28th 2014, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

King Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant future

Take your own - https://www.epassportphoto.com/

Mine came through the mail in about 4 days - UK Passport office had no problem with them.
Old May 28th 2014, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

mmwsn is an unknown quantity at this point

I just sent in US-sized 2x2 passport photos from Walgreens in the original Walgreens photo sleeve to the passport office in Durham in April and my application was processed without issue.
Old May 28th 2014, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

TucoSalomanca is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently had mine done at CVS. Paid around 25 bucks for the privilege.
Old May 28th 2014, 9:04 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by King Gimp

Mine came through the mail in about 4 days - UK Passport office had no problem with them.
+1
Old May 28th 2014, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

mmhendrie is a name known to allmmhendrie is a name known to allmmhendrie is a name known to allmmhendrie is a name known to allmmhendrie is a name known to allmmhendrie is a name known to allmmhendrie is a name known to allmmhendrie is a name known to allmmhendrie is a name known to allmmhendrie is a name known to allmmhendrie is a name known to all

I did my boy's UK passport photo's myself. I found an online guide to do them in photoshop, and will never do it any other way now.

I took the pics until we got a good one, then followed the guide, then formatted it to a 4"x6" size, I was able to comfortably fit 6 pictures on a 4x6, then I printed it at Kinko's. I think I spent about 20cents total and probably about 25 minutes on the computer going slowly step-by-step the first time. I can now do them easily in under 10 minutes. I've done UK and US ones and not had any problems with them.

Here's an online guide to it: http://www.dpchallenge.com/tutorial.php?TUTORIAL_ID=22

This is for the US one, but you just change the measurements to the ones stated in the UK format: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-photographers

-Matt
Old May 28th 2014, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

mwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of light

I used one of the online Passport photo web sites for my daughter's Passport.
You Take your own picture, upload, pick the Country or size, then download the image file to print on your own printer or take to Walmart etc and print it there.

Here's the one I used...

http://www.idphoto4you.com/
Old May 29th 2014, 3:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by King Gimp

I used them, but got the image printed at Target for a few pennies on the spot.

Saying that, doesn't matter. Can just use the US sized print as long as you don't cut them down they'll resize for you, as long as everything else fits the requirements.
Old May 29th 2014, 3:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
Not all of them, newer machines don't have the setting as it was removed and that's the case for the one in Framingham.
Old May 29th 2014, 5:55 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Sears photo studio did mine. Guaranteed to be accepted or they do another one for free.

Or how about ePassportPhoto.com. Take the picture yourself and send it to them.

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; May 29th 2014 at 5:59 pm.
Old May 30th 2014, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

brit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I finally went to CVS Pharmacy & managed to get it done!

Only gripe was I had to convert it to inches so incase those requiring, it is (I hope) 1.77 x 1.37 inches (45mm x 35mm). They had the Kodak photo studio and printed it immediately!!

Could someone please confirm if it'll work?

Thanks for all your help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.