Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in L.A.

Where to stay in L.A.

Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Texas Brit has a brilliant futureTexas Brit has a brilliant futureTexas Brit has a brilliant futureTexas Brit has a brilliant futureTexas Brit has a brilliant futureTexas Brit has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where to stay in L.A.

Definitely Santa Monica is the way to go. If you don't plan on getting a car (and I can't emphasize enough how much you should get a car), SM is really your best bet too. You can walk down to Venice (really, really close) and wander around all sorts of fun neighborhoods.

With a car you can hop on PCH in SM and cruise up to Malibu. Stop at one of the reasonably cheap beachside restaurants for drinks or a snack (like Dukes) and get up as far as Point Dume, at least, and see the beach. If you feel like a splurge stop at Geoferrys for a drink (don't eat unless you want to blow the budget).

Don't stay downtown whatever you do. Not because of crime or anything, just because it is incredibly boring.

(Yes, I know I am in Texas, but I was living in LA for the last 7 years.)
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:29 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
The one of bare assed brummie drunk you mean
That's the one, Saatchi & Saatcchi worked with me for months to develop that image...........
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:35 pm
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

justboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Rent a car and stay at the Hilton in Huntington beach!