Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where to start... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Where to start... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Old Dec 8th 2016, 11:37 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to start... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by sherbert
And if they have no children? Stay at home...wives?
I guess I was a bit too subtle.

They all have children, they stay at home and work really hard every day looking after the house, the children and their wives. They are not having to "volunteer" in order to fill their time and validate themselves. What they are doing is for the benefit of the whole family and they are happy to do it. If asked they describe themselves as "stay at home dad".

Not "I'm here in the USA because my husband took a job here on a visa which means I can't work but I used to be a wotnot in the UK and I'm doing all this other stuff here to fill my time".

Sweetheart, been there done that.

Just tell everyone you are "retired" they'll be much more interested in that because they'll think you're loaded. One of my friends did that when we were both here before and unable to work.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

1. Don't call me sweetheart.

2. I do not volunteer to validate myself, I do it to further my career.

3. How many times can I repeat: I still work. I still earn money. I still have a career. I leave the US frequently (such as right now for example!) to work.

4. I made the best of a bad (temporary) situation and it's working out quite well.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 12:04 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherbert
1. Don't call me sweetheart.

2. I do not volunteer to validate myself, I do it to further my career.

3. How many times can I repeat: I still work. I still earn money. I still have a career. I leave the US frequently (such as right now for example!) to work.

4. I made the best of a bad (temporary) situation and it's working out quite well.
God forbid I should call you a housewife eh? And there you were having a go at Rete.

"A bad situation". Shall I give you a shovel so that you can keep digging? Many, many people would love to be in your situation. Including the OP, just think about that.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

In other news, the OP went away knowing more about the US immigration outlook for himself than when he registered.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that escalated quickly
Old Dec 9th 2016, 12:17 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by tom169
In other news, the OP went away knowing more about the US immigration outlook for himself than when he registered.
Quite & I hope he makes it to the NZ forum as we can help him there.

It's Friday where I am and nearly the start of the weekend , so I would suggest we all agree that some words mean different things to different people and actually there is nothing to really disagree about.

Thanks