Reload this Page >

Where to start?

Where to start?

Old Dec 27th 2014, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

TippyTappy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to start?

Hi guys,

I've read through a few threads on here today and thought I'd throw the question out there.

I'm 22 and looking to work in the US for a year or so.

Ideally it would be east coast so I can visit people back home when needed and also people can visit me.

The only trouble is I have no idea where to start, this is the first time I've thought about going into the big scary world on my own and I'm just looking for some guidance and for someone to get me on to the right track.

Thanks!
Old Dec 27th 2014, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to start?

Read this.
Come back with questions.

Pulaski's Ways: How to Live and Work in the USA : British Expat Wiki

(However you'll probably not be able to do what you want.)
Old Dec 27th 2014, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

TippyTappy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to start?

Starting 2009, Irish citizens in university education or recently graduated may be eligible for a 12 month working visa. U.S. / Ireland Work & Travel Agreement.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This may be my route in, I am half Irish and qualify for an ROI passport, I can't see another way from the thread you have linked me to.