Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where to source businesses for sale?

Where to source businesses for sale?

Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

singlelayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to source businesses for sale?

Hello all, this I think is my first post. I tried to use the search function but I'm on an iPhone and it doesn't seem to want to work.

Where can I find a good, legitimate source of businesses for sale in the central/northern Florida region. I'm particularly seeking property related businesses -management, rentals, maintenance etc?

Please do not just tell me to do a Google search nor answer for the sake of it (forum-hogs) just because this is a 'new-thread-that-you-haven't-had-your-tuppence-worth-on-yet' (you know who you are, so resist).

I own, run and manage over 75 rental properties of my own and manage/maintain 250 others in and around my hometown, with more than 25 years experience. I've now decided with a lot of my family living or spending more and more time in FL, I'd like to expand there.

Any ideas?

TIA,

singlelayer
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all
Default Re: Where to source businesses for sale?

http://www.fidbus.com/Sell-a-Florida-Business.html
http://bbms.biz/cgi-bin/a-bus2.asp?f...43&src=bus-all You can selct real estate as a category and it shows quite a few rental companies etc

Not sure if these are any good or in the right area, but they seem to list quite a few.

You could also check out the online editions of some local papers in your chosen area, as they have commercial/business listings. An old friend of ours found her business that way.

With regards to rental companies and property management Im always seeing new ones popping up, so perhaps you could start your own? It seems often those that manage multiple properties are owned by the same people for years, and dont change hands, but thats just my personal experience and what locals in our area have said.

Last edited by britishspouse; Jul 12th 2011 at 7:38 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:46 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by singlelayer
I own, run and manage over 75 rental properties of my own and manage/maintain 250 others in and around my hometown, with more than 25 years experience. I've now decided with a lot of my family living or spending more and more time in FL, I'd like to expand there.

Any ideas?
Wouldn't it make more sense to post on a forum for people in your business then, rather than expats who are not dialed into that at all, and when Florida fishing threads don't get very great attention?

That's why you posted to warn us about how to treat you, correct?
Frankly, google makes more sense (to me) than BE.

Note my title before snarking back. My post is carefully chosen.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

dnolan1337 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by singlelayer
Please do not just tell me to do a Google search nor answer for the sake of it (forum-hogs) just because this is a 'new-thread-that-you-haven't-had-your-tuppence-worth-on-yet' (you know who you are, so resist).
Let Me Google That for you!

Oh and, new thread, all shiny, my 2c now deposited.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from the above post...I'd have googled a Florida specific forum, of which there are plenty.

This isn't a business forum after all.

As this isn't something that's very good for getting a visa to come here, it doesn't tend to come up all that much either.