Reload this Page >

Where should i go?

Where should i go?

Old Dec 13th 2003, 3:36 am
Just Joined

jois_ph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where should i go?

Hi everyone!

I've been contemplating lately to go to US or Dubai on a toursit visa then find a job to shift my visa from tourist to working.

How hard it is to get a job now in US? do you think it's worth a try?
think it's easier to get a job in Dubai now but i really want US.

Do you think how much would i spend in processing my papers to work legally in US. And how long? are there lots of companies who can sponsor me? im an accounting graduate and working in a bank here in my country.

Which country do you think i should go?

Pls advice me on this.

thanks.

Old Dec 13th 2003, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot look for work in the US on a tourist visa. For starters, no employer would take you seriously. Your employer would have to sponsor you for an H1B visa. Another thing, if the INS officer suspects you intend to job hunt while touring the US, you will be denied entry. You could even be banned.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply.

That's why i gonna go find my sponsor.

So you think it's not good for me to go there?
Old Dec 13th 2003, 1:07 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Does your bank have any offices or affilates in the US? My cousin is an investment banker and has just been sent to NYC for two years, being sponsored for a work visa by his company.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Hey sibsie thanks for the reply!

Yes they do have affiliates but they wanna hire people from there as they they dont wanna bothered abt the papers. and besides if i will be assigned there from the same company i would still be getting the same salary they will just give a little amt of allowance which is lower if il get employed directly there.

Old Dec 13th 2003, 1:28 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Well good luck in your search but don't breach the terms of the VWP. Getting a ban will totally scupper any plans you have for moving there.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Default hi

Yeh of course i wont.

thanks pal! happy xmas in advance!
Old Dec 13th 2003, 5:27 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Troll alert!!! troll alert!!!!

Me thinks this is that little wanker spacster again. If he wants to do this (god knows why it fascinates him) he really should learn to spell its such a giveaway.

I would say to all dont waste your time on this one.

regards,
Duncan
Old Dec 14th 2003, 5:53 am
Just Joined

What did u say duncan? i was just asking some opinion here and my intention is clear and if you dont feel like giving then it's your right.
But advising others not to reply to me is a bit unfair.

Happy xmas anyway!
Old Dec 14th 2003, 5:56 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jois_ph
What did u say duncan? i was just asking some opinion here and my intention is clear and if you dont feel like giving then it's your right.
But advising others not to reply to me is a bit unfair.

Happy xmas anyway!
**** off you spotty little prick.