Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where is Old Trafford?

Where is Old Trafford?

Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:45 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is Old Trafford?

Originally Posted by britontour
Nice one if only to let them know that London is not the only place in England.
Yeah, ain't that the truth. People always ask where I'm from. I guess hoping that I'll say London, cuz they know of that place. When I say 'near Oxford', I'd have thought people would have known that one too, I thought it was world renowned, but obviously not.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:51 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yeah, ain't that the truth. People always ask where I'm from. I guess hoping that I'll say London, cuz they know of that place. When I say 'near Oxford', I'd have thought people would have known that one too, I thought it was world renowned, but obviously not.
I've been asked (and not only once) whereabouts in London I'm from!!! Hello?
Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:59 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Your quite right I lived quite near to Oxford too so I normally just say Oxford for the same reason but its not as well known as you might think. "Oxford, is that in London?"
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:09 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Your quite right I lived quite near to Oxford too so I normally just say Oxford for the same reason but its not as well known as you might think. "Oxford, is that in London?"
Oxford Street?!?! Yeah, I wish I had the money to live down Oxford Street, although I could become a tramp, I've seen quite a few of them down there, they must be loaded!!!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

coming from Oxford, say the same, had a few people ask where in London that was...but at least it's fairly close to London, compared to Manchester...though when someone asked if that really was the place with the university or was that cambridge...well I did kind of smirk and said there was more than one university in England
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:56 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Bob
coming from Oxford, say the same, had a few people ask where in London that was...but at least it's fairly close to London, compared to Manchester...though when someone asked if that really was the place with the university or was that cambridge...well I did kind of smirk and said there was more than one university in England
Yeah, really! People are baffled (including me) when I tell them there are 45 colleges in Oxford!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:20 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, really! People are baffled (including me) when I tell them there are 45 colleges in Oxford!
Don't tell them that, when they ask if I went to school at Oxford I always say yes, not the Oxford of course but one of the other ones, I'll let them work that one out
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:42 pm
Back where I belong!

Don't tell them that, when they ask if I went to school at Oxford I always say yes, not the Oxford of course but one of the other ones, I'll let them work that one out
hahaha, that's funny, I do the same thing! I went to North Oxfordshire college, I've mentioned it before (it's really not something to be very proud of!) & they asked me if it was 'the' college, I said yes, it was, because it is 'the' college that I'm talking about, the North Oxfordshire college! Ahhh the comfort of a technicality!!!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:44 pm
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of

Not far from The Willows, home of the Original Red Devils whom Utd stole the nickname from.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing like digging up an old thread on a Friday.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:05 pm
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

Nothing like digging up an old thread on a Friday.
Nearly Saturday here mate.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha, that's funny, I do the same thing! I went to North Oxfordshire college, I've mentioned it before (it's really not something to be very proud of!) & they asked me if it was 'the' college, I said yes, it was, because it is 'the' college that I'm talking about, the North Oxfordshire college! Ahhh the comfort of a technicality!!!
lol I remember my aunt telling everyone that her grandaughter was going to 'Oxford' turns out it was Oxford Poly.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
lol I remember my aunt telling everyone that her grandaughter was going to 'Oxford' turns out it was Oxford Poly.
Mate went to Brookes and when he went out to China to see some relies, they were all so impressed and didn't realise it was a seperate uni either
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:58 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Bob
Mate went to Brookes and when he went out to China to see some relies, they were all so impressed and didn't realise it was a seperate uni either
That's the point where you think, oh it's just too complicated to explain!!!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

That's the point where you think, oh it's just too complicated to explain!!!
exactly...got oxford in the name, good enough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.