Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where in Los Angeles area can you find the highest percentage of brits living?

Where in Los Angeles area can you find the highest percentage of brits living?

Old Nov 5th 2018, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in Los Angeles area can you find the highest percentage of brits livin

Not so sure as a percentage, but by pure numbers it would be Santa Monica, traditionally the home of the Brits, I think the number has declined through the years.

I lived in Marina Del Rey and there were a couple of Brit families in my Apartment block, I think the population of the Marina was maybe 10,000 so for there 0.1% lol.
Old Nov 5th 2018, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in Los Angeles area can you find the highest percentage of brits livin

Originally Posted by Rete
And even homegrown Americans from up north, need a dictionary and translator when attempting to converse with a true southerner.
I work in Atlanta, one of my colleagues is from the Michigan area, he calls Fork Lift Trucks, Jeeps!! He regularly asks the 'locals' to repeat themselves, so yes a few language issues within the US!!

I just stick y'all on the end of everything, seems to work.
Old Nov 5th 2018, 7:36 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

To be fair to everyone wishing to post to this thread.

The opening poster has decided to leave the BE building of his own accord as his particular Q has been answered.

I am not sure what the query actually was about TBH.
Old Nov 5th 2018, 9:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj6372
I work in Atlanta, one of my colleagues is from the Michigan area, he calls Fork Lift Trucks, Jeeps!! He regularly asks the 'locals' to repeat themselves, so yes a few language issues within the US!!

I just stick y'all on the end of everything, seems to work.
The other day someone in my quilting club was asking me about a pin. She asked if I left a pin the last time I was there. I said no, I took my pins with me. She no, your pin. Again, I said, no I have them. She and the others started laughing ... she was saying PEN.