British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Where in Los Angeles area can you find the highest percentage of brits living? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/where-los-angeles-area-can-you-find-highest-percentage-brits-living-918983/)

BE004 Nov 4th 2018 6:29 pm

Where in Los Angeles area can you find the highest percentage of brits living?

I was wondering where in the Los Angeles area I could find the highest percentage of brits living so I. E. 10% of x Citys residents come from the UK

shiversaint Nov 4th 2018 7:51 pm

Re: Where in Los Angeles area can you find the highest percentage of brits livin

I don't think it'll ever be double digit percentage anywhere in LA, but it's almost certainly west side LA, and very likely Santa Monica.

scrubbedexpat099 Nov 4th 2018 8:58 pm

Re: Where in Los Angeles area can you find the highest percentage of brits livin

I would imagine single digit would be a push.

BE004 Nov 4th 2018 11:51 pm

According to wiki I found that Hollywood Hills has a 10% British population but as its wiki I wasn't too sure how true this was and many places say there is 200,000 people living in Los Angeles County who are British citizens so in most places double digits wouldn't be hard if most brits moved to the same place

BritInParis Nov 5th 2018 12:04 am

You’ll find that most Brits don’t

Nutmegger Nov 5th 2018 1:29 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12587990)
You’ll find that most Brits don’t

And indeed, why would they!

scrubbedexpat099 Nov 5th 2018 2:14 am

A quick google mention a figure lower than 10% and where they were born not what their nationality is.

Rete Nov 5th 2018 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Nutmegger (Post 12588005)

And indeed, why would they!

Perhaps they really don't want to mingle with Americans or other nationalities and prefer only to live among their own countrymen.

Our they're planning a counter-revolution. Hide the coffee!

Nutmegger Nov 5th 2018 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12588029)
Perhaps they really don't want to mingle with Americans or other nationalities and prefer only to live among their own countrymen.

Might as well stay in the UK in that case! ;)

spouse of scouse Nov 5th 2018 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Nutmegger (Post 12588036)

Might as well stay in the UK in that case! ;)

:nod:

scrubbedexpat099 Nov 5th 2018 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12588029)

Schhh

Supposed to be a secret.

BE004 Nov 5th 2018 10:46 am

I do find it a bit strange though how we don't congregate to one area yet you name pretty much any other group of people I. E. Mexicans, Iranians, Russians etc etc all live in a community of their own

BritInParis Nov 5th 2018 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Jamesrmorgan01 (Post 12588205)
I do find it a bit strange though how we don't congregate to one area yet you name pretty much any other group of people I. E. Mexicans, Iranians, Russians etc etc all live in a community of their own

The difference is the language barrier, or lack there of.

civilservant Nov 5th 2018 11:45 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12588229)
The difference is the language barrier, or lack there of.

This. We don't need to learn a language to converse with Americans. Well unless you live here in the Deep South, and then sometimes you do :rofl:

Rete Nov 5th 2018 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 12588241)
This. We don't need to learn a language to converse with Americans. Well unless you live here in the Deep South, and then sometimes you do :rofl:

And even homegrown Americans from up north, need a dictionary and translator when attempting to converse with a true southerner.