Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where to live in the USA.

Where to live in the USA.

Old Mar 26th 2009, 7:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in the USA.

Originally Posted by piloteea
and it can be -15c in april.... Boston is very expensive and unless you're in the medical field a very difficult place to find jobs in. Anywhere in the US is difficult at the moment. MA furthermore have state income tax = give away money for nothing
Most states have income tax so that wouldn't be a consideration.

I wouldn't move here if in the medical or research field, they are being gutted and thousands of people in those fields have lost jobs recently.

Plenty of tech coding positions though, but they are giving priority to people who already are resident here, Cognex are ramping up I think 600 new positions over a few years but 10% of them have to be from people already living in the town to get some tax breaks.

oh and -15c ain't that bad...mass is pretty warm in winter compared to Maine, it's a breeze here.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

piloteea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to live in the USA.

Originally Posted by Bob
Most states have income tax so that wouldn't be a consideration.

I wouldn't move here if in the medical or research field, they are being gutted and thousands of people in those fields have lost jobs recently.

Plenty of tech coding positions though, but they are giving priority to people who already are resident here, Cognex are ramping up I think 600 new positions over a few years but 10% of them have to be from people already living in the town to get some tax breaks.

oh and -15c ain't that bad...mass is pretty warm in winter compared to Maine, it's a breeze here.

well if you want to give money away for nothing, then why not... :_0

everyone is losing jobs at the moment.

Maine.... wouldn't even go there during the summer :-)

im off, to my 28c pool :-)