Wikiposts

Where to get British Beer!

Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to get British Beer!

Originally Posted by Arizona Wurzel
hoegaarth
Did you ever go into the Brickskeller pub on N W 22nd street DC just behind Dupont Circle? Back in the 70,s they had over 500 different sorts of beer.Here in AZ most supermarkets sell British beers such as Bass, Worthington,Newcastle Brown,Guinness,bottled cider etc and there are a few bars that also sell British beers.
Guinness is British?
Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:26 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

x2 for liquormart in boulder; much of the isles stuff is bottled but better than naught. I've managed to get Whitbread, Tetleys, Hardy, selection of the Sam Smith and the usual - wexford, boddingtons, beamish fullers etc. The hard thing though it all depends on their distributors.

Also try and give a shout to Superior Liquor and see what they carry. If you want to PM me with a list I can swing by them on my way to/from home someday. I don't know if its still the case but liquormart in boulder used to be the busiest liquor store in the us and it also had the busiest ATM too; the selection of both wine & beer is
Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

GaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Arizona Wurzel
hoegaarth
Did you ever go into the Brickskeller pub on N W 22nd street DC just behind Dupont Circle? Back in the 70,s they had over 500 different sorts of beer.Here in AZ most supermarkets sell British beers such as Bass, Worthington,Newcastle Brown,Guinness,bottled cider etc and there are a few bars that also sell British beers.
Brickskeller's brilliant! I got awfully drunk there a week ago. I had some bitter from the Isle of Skye as well as from the Orkney Island. Obscurely enough, they were all out of the Finnish lagers, so that was my only gripe with the place. At the end of the night I was surprised I found my way home though, so that's always a good sign
Old Oct 31st 2006, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

OK ! ............... So this is out of the way for vast numbers of you, BUT .. If you are ever on I-89 in NH, at exit 20 (Just across the line from VT) the Sunoco station at the lights by Shaws strip mall sells loads of British brews I have even seen Elephant ale in there.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 11:39 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
OK ! ............... So this is out of the way for vast numbers of you, BUT .. If you are ever on I-89 in NH, at exit 20 (Just across the line from VT) the Sunoco station at the lights by Shaws strip mall sells loads of British brews I have even seen Elephant ale in there.
.... should be there in, ooooh, say 32 hours.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
.... should be there in, ooooh, say 32 hours.
YEAH ... If you drive like mad non stop
Old Oct 31st 2006, 12:50 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

YEAH ... If you drive like mad non stop
No prob... its a hybrid.

Besides, if all else fails just fill the tank with Cashasa!! Oh man, had a flashback of the Sinclair C5....a bloody washing machine motor for goodness sake! Turbo was the spin cycle. In 1985 Back to the Future wouldn't be quite the same if Doc used a C5 rather than a DeLorean. Its a good thing too that the Sinclair Z80 didn't take off otherwise the world would be at the mercy of Clive Sinclair!!

Seriously, I'll be there in 32 hours!!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

You are extreemely mad
Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:58 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoegaarth
Sweet... thanks! I looked at the website, and they have a pretty good selection. I think I'll go over there after work tonight and see what I can get!

Thanks again,

-Mike
Couldn't beat DAVIDSON LIQUOR STORE when I was living in Denver. About 30 minutes south of Downtown in Littleton.

They even deliver!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 11:39 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoegaarth
Yeah, I did got to Brickskeller a couple of times - though for some strange reason, don't remember it that well! But, great place. DC had some really cool bars, I went to see some England games at Fido (not sure how you spell that) - there would be loads and loads of Brits in the bar!
If its Fado's (the Irish place) there sone of them in Denver too, or at least there was. It's in the parking lot for the baseball stadium. I had a great night out there once with the owner of a stripper agency and her.. employees!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:12 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody living in central Illinois should give Friar Tucks in Peoria a try.....they stock over 600 bottled beers and carry around 30-40 English brewed beers....Many are from the small independant brewer's ....I found Moorhouses Black Cat Mild (Blackburn) once ...I was so happy I bought the whole case ....They also stock the bland canned so called cask ales for those who must ...
You can also fill in request forms and the owners will try to get hold of your beer of choice....alas I'm still waiting on Timmy Taylor's Landlord
Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

No prob... its a hybrid.

Besides, if all else fails just fill the tank with Cashasa!! Oh man, had a flashback of the Sinclair C5....a bloody washing machine motor for goodness sake! Turbo was the spin cycle. In 1985 Back to the Future wouldn't be quite the same if Doc used a C5 rather than a DeLorean. Its a good thing too that the Sinclair Z80 didn't take off otherwise the world would be at the mercy of Clive Sinclair!!

I wonder if he got there yet ?
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:19 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if he got there yet ?
I haven't seen him go past yet.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

We've got a store up in Rochester called Beers of the World... Bet you can't guess what they sell there?

On the British Beer front, they've got the normal stuff (Boddingtons, Bass, Newcastle Brown Ale...etc...) but they've also got a good selection of different stuff and Real Ales including HobGoblin, St Georges Ale, London Pride, Old Speckled Hen, Black Sheep, Strongbow and Tetleys.

No Worthingtons, Theakstons, John Smith, but they do have Samuel Smiths.

Personally, I'd do time right now for the pint of Sneck Lifter, or anything made by Jennings!!!

I e-mailed the brewery a while back and they don't export... To be honest, you'd be lucky to find any Jennings pubs more than 75 miles from the brewery let alone in another country/continent.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CitySimon
Personally, I'd do time right now for the pint of Sneck Lifter, or anything made by Jennings!!!

I e-mailed the brewery a while back and they don't export... To be honest, you'd be lucky to find any Jennings pubs more than 75 miles from the brewery let alone in another country/continent.
Well, if they are nice enough to email you back they may be nice enough to give you a recipe or list of ingredients they use. Then you can make it yourself!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.