Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where do you get your cheap flights?

Where do you get your cheap flights?

Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:20 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Where do you get your cheap flights?

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
icelandair are very good, but you have to change planes halfway
Halfway?? What at 30,000 feet...fuck that!!!!!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:21 am
Banned

RaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rushman
Your saddling them with your obvious mental problems aren't you!!!
MODS???
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:22 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Is she in the bizniz then?
I believe so. She was posting in a recipe thread in the lounge a minute ago.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:23 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
No doubt you are looking for flights via Burlington you tight git ... so they are going to be expensive
Phone Auntie Kate and ask her to sort you something out from Newark, she has the remarkable talent of finding absolute bargains. .... I ain't doin it for you
earlier this year she got me a ticket to Atalanta for a third of the price anyone else could find.
Im not trying from Burlington..and dont want to go from Newark either. I was JFK or Montreal but Montreal is a fortune year round.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by RaiseTheDead
MODS???
Surely you mean ..."MEDS!!!!"
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:31 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

no airmiles Rushy??

we fly using miles + money with Virgin
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:36 am
Banned

RaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really nice

Rushman? Do you need a loan? Is that the true purpose of the thread?

PM me..I hate seeing an expat scrounging..
Old Jul 10th 2007, 1:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by islandmom
no airmiles Rushy??

we fly using miles + money with Virgin
used them all up
Old Jul 10th 2007, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

used them all up
And then some...
Old Jul 10th 2007, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

used them all up
Rush - it's a long shot, but try www.bestfares.com. You usually have to pay $50 annually to belong, but sometimes there are fares available for non-members, or it's a good resource in addition to the other sites you mentioned.

They are claiming to have an airfare which seems too good to be true to me, but you may want to check it out just in case ... you will have to call to try to book it. I flew to Spain using this service a few years ago.

I searched 7/11-8/1 from NYC to London and came up with the following - notice that I didn't specify Heathrow but left this up in the air.

New York City to London-All Airports departing on Wed 11 Jul 2007 and returning on Wed 01 Aug 2007.
To book this non-member airfare, call:

TOLL-FREE
888-994-3426
Best Fares is open 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Central, Monday-Friday.

Here are the rules and restrictions that apply to this airfare:

Departure
Date: Wed 11 Jul 2007
Fare: $380 half roundtrip, THFQTV created on May 16 2007

Return
Date: Wed 01 Aug 2007
Fare: $229 half roundtrip, QLXAB2ME created on Jan 02 2006

Price
Total (excluding intl taxes): $609 roundtrip

Edited to add: this partricular flight is with Icelandair. I would encourage you to go to the site and search yourself to see what you find. It's possible that the flight will be unavailable when you call, but they should be able to tell you the best they can do. Maybe worth a shot?

Last edited by Kaffy Mintcake; Jul 10th 2007 at 1:51 am.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

abboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud of

I've tried the Expedia, Travelocity blah blah blah sites and for this Thursday evening (11th) to Heathrow with a return 3 weeks later and the stupid website has their telephone number in the box for the price quote. Either that or they are all in the region of $1,500 hmy

I was looking at half that.

Squeek Squeek.
American airlines - Heathrow on sale, $764 return.
I will be leaving in August . I will be going to Heathrow then come back from Paris, same price.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 1:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Rush
61 posts, a member for just 2 days and already calling me "Rush".

You want me don't you!!!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

61 posts, a member for just 2 days and already calling me "Rush".

You want me don't you!!!
You're onto me - that's been my agenda all along.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 1:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by KJ2007
You're onto me - that's been my agenda all along.
I play hard to get....I dont want all the girls to think Im "easy".
Old Jul 10th 2007, 2:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I play hard to get....I dont want all the girls to think Im "easy".
Ah - I see how it is.

Aren't you happy? Two possible fares under $800. Not bad. Of course, if you weren't so financially destitute you would just pay the $1500, right? I'm sorry that's your situation ...

On a serious note, I'm the Queen of bargain travel and will spend hours looking for a better deal rather than overpay. I hope one of them works out. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.