Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

where do we start

where do we start

Old Nov 11th 2001, 5:59 pm
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 6
shine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am new to this site and would love some help on getting started on immigration papers...My boyfriend lives in the States and is hoping to move to the UK to be with me but we arent sure what process to follow. Any advice that you could give us on how to start and what we will need to do would be great...Thanks in advance...Liz
shine is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2001, 6:22 pm
Alvena Ferreira
Posts: n/a

Alvena Ferreira wrote:
whoops, sorry, the above link has changed to:
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ alvena
Old Nov 11th 2001, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 717
Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

He needs to get a marriage settlement visa from the British Consulate in the US. He can do this either before or after your wedding. The visa is usually issued the same day if he applies in person, and within a couple of weeks if he does it by post.

Details from the British Consulate website:


Ameriscot is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.