Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where do we go with young family?

Where do we go with young family?

Old Jul 11th 2011, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

jukes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where do we go with young family?

I think you would have to check if you can work there even if husband can? If you wanted to that is!
Would your husband know about someone from here setting up bank account in US from the UK?
Thanks
Old Jul 11th 2011, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

chez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jukes
I think you would have to check if you can work there even if husband can? If you wanted to that is!
Would your husband know about someone from here setting up bank account in US from the UK?
Thanks
I probably wouldn't work, not until the 3yr old was a lot older.

No he wouldn't, not a clue! He is IT crew on the investment banking side. No doubt they will do all that for us. If I find anything out I'll let you know.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chez33
I probably wouldn't work, not until the 3yr old was a lot older.
What visa will you and your husband be on? Because you couldn't work at all on some of them - you may not want to now, but just thought I'd mention it in case you had plans to in the future.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

chez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
What visa will you and your husband be on? Because you couldn't work at all on some of them - you may not want to now, but just thought I'd mention it in case you had plans to in the future.

L1.....and don't worry, I can wait to work, as long as it takes
Old Jul 14th 2011, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Well the plot thickens...my husbands boss has just been on the phone offering him his job! he is being seconded elsewhere so my husband gets his job for 6 mths, and more than likely longer apparently this all came about yesterday
It's amazing for my husbands career but not for our move, he asked if he can manage the team from the Charlotte office but, because of time difference it's not an option.
On the bright side, he is now on the management ladder and it will open doors for him, we've decided he must take it (although I've been on a proper downer about it).
So, America is on the back burner for 6mths and maybe longer, we 100% will be going just not as soon as we thought.

I'll be back

Last edited by chez33; Jul 14th 2011 at 10:25 am. Reason: typo
Old Jun 14th 2012, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

I'm back!!!

We are still wanting to move to Asheville. We were contemplating a move to Cape Town but after much soul searching we know we can't live there with the way things are there politically and crime wise.
So, the US it is...not sure when, have loads to do on the house so we can sell etc etc...thought I'd just resurrect this year old thread!!