Reload this Page >

Where to buy pants?

Wikiposts

Where to buy pants?

Old Nov 25th 2012, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

JethroSTL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to buy pants?

By which I mean underwear . Call me prematurely middle aged, but I always used to buy my underwear and other staple clothing items (i.e. socks etc. I'm not some kind of weirdo who wears clothes made of staples.... honest) in M&S, but when I go to the Mall in St Louis I struggle to find a clothes store that quite fills the same gap. The kind of place where you can buy straightforward men's clothes at a reasonable price and with a decent selection. I know there must be somewhere in the land of the consumer, but I'm felling a little stumped. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 25th 2012, 1:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to buy pants?

Originally Posted by JethroSTL
By which I mean underwear . Call me prematurely middle aged, but I always used to buy my underwear and other staple clothing items (i.e. socks etc. I'm not some kind of weirdo who wears clothes made of staples.... honest) in M&S, but when I go to the Mall in St Louis I struggle to find a clothes store that quite fills the same gap. The kind of place where you can buy straightforward men's clothes at a reasonable price and with a decent selection. I know there must be somewhere in the land of the consumer, but I'm felling a little stumped. Any suggestions?
I have no idea what M&S are like, but try one of the department stores like Maceys, Dillards, Sears. They usually sell a selection of men's underwear.

Rene
Old Nov 25th 2012, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JethroSTL
Target, Walmart, Kohls TJMax, Ross if you want to not spend too much money. Otherwise Dillards, Maceys, JC Penney or any big department store.

Or if you want to be lazy and not shop go online and try Amazon, you can buy anything there
Old Nov 25th 2012, 2:51 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Buy online from M&S They will ship internationally.
http://www.marksandspencer.com/Inter...ry/b/183243031
Old Nov 26th 2012, 1:35 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I've lived here 22 years and still buy underwear at M&S every couple of years, when visiting England. Socks, I like the options over here, better than the UK in my opinion, but not underwear.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 1:49 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Still not found anything I like here, so I'm hoping that the ragtag remains of my underwear drawer will hang on until February when I'm planning a trip back to visit M&S. Oh, yes, and I might pop in to my sisters wedding as well, which she conveniently arranged for the same weekend.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 2:02 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

After buying a lot of crap cheaper underwear I discovered that Banana Republic do trollies that seem to outlast everything else by a long margin. I wait until there are sales and then rummage around for the cheapest ones (usually the last few pairs in any given colour/design), which helps to keep the prices down while getting a well-made product that keeps tonrob junior tucked up and safe.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 2:12 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

The husband prefers Gap & Old Navy for underwear. We have both nearby. (Maybe they're both even allied with Banana Republic now? Someone mentioned that they are now connected somehow.)

But in a pinch he's also been known to just pick up some Hanes at WalMart or Target also.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 2:23 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue
The husband prefers Gap & Old Navy for underwear. We have both nearby. (Maybe they're both even allied with Banana Republic now? Someone mentioned that they are now connected somehow.)
They're all the same company. I've tried the Gap ones and have quite a few pairs. I find them ok, but the stitching around the waist elastic is nowhere near as good as Banana Republic. Banana Republic ones in the sales are cheaper than Gap's regular price, but I have to say Gap sale prices are hard to beat.

Most of my boxer shorts were bought either at Banana Republic (for around $4-5 a pair) or Gap (around $3 to $4).
Old Nov 26th 2012, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

JC Penny - I normally buy Staffords for my work attire. They last a long time, usually.

Jim.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 3:09 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Ask Mitt Romney. He knows all about underpants and isn't really doing anything at the moment.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 4:59 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Old Navy or Banana Republic.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 6:39 am
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

I still stock up in M&S when I'm back. Not sure when the next visit will be, though, so I might give that link a try.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 9:41 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

I get underwear from Koreatown in any major city. It's the best in the world and it's cheap.