Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where are the British in San Diego??!!

Where are the British in San Diego??!!

Old Nov 30th 2004, 4:24 am
Derby Girl

Derbypride is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Where are the British in San Diego??!!

I am looking to chat with other British people in the San Diego area. I keep being assured there are 1000's of British Ex-Pats here but I have only met a handful!! We have been here for 18 years but I still miss home! If you are in the San Diego area and would like to chat via e-mail let me know. I especially would like to hear from anyone who keeps up with good British novels that have been recently released, or good British DVD's that are available in the US. We have just finished watching "The Office" for the 100th time and really need to find something else!
Old Nov 30th 2004, 12:42 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are the British in San Diego??!!

Originally Posted by Derbypride
I am looking to chat with other British people in the San Diego area. I keep being assured there are 1000's of British Ex-Pats here but I have only met a handful!! We have been here for 18 years but I still miss home! If you are in the San Diego area and would like to chat via e-mail let me know. I especially would like to hear from anyone who keeps up with good British novels that have been recently released, or good British DVD's that are available in the US. We have just finished watching "The Office" for the 100th time and really need to find something else!
The way I discovered local Brits living in my area was to register with www.meetup.com and join the local British Expats group. That was back at the end of 2002. Since then, I've attended quite a number of meetings (though not many lately) and I've met more than two dozen Brits living in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area.

There's also a Yahoo group for Brits in my area. There might be something similar for Brits in the San Diego area too.

NC Penguin
Old Nov 30th 2004, 2:52 pm
Derby Girl

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
The way I discovered local Brits living in my area was to register with www.meetup.com and join the local British Expats group. That was back at the end of 2002. Since then, I've attended quite a number of meetings (though not many lately) and I've met more than two dozen Brits living in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area.

There's also a Yahoo group for Brits in my area. There might be something similar for Brits in the San Diego area too.

NC Penguin
Thanks so much for the info! I will look into the Meetup.com group.
Old Nov 30th 2004, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

The last time I was in San Diego, which was admittedly a few years ago, there were a number of Brits hanging around a watering hole called Shakespeare's.

Old Nov 30th 2004, 8:52 pm
Derby Girl

Originally Posted by Britdrinker
The last time I was in San Diego, which was admittedly a few years ago, there were a number of Brits hanging around a watering hole called Shakespeare's.
The Shakepeare has expanded and now has a great little shop full of English chocolates and baked beans! There are still plenty of English people that go there, but I think its become more popular with Americans now than it was before. Stil the best curry and chips in town though!
Old Dec 4th 2004, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

SDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really nice

Ah ha! Another Brit in San Diego. I am presently living in San Diego, and have been here about ten years. I too dont seem to come across many brits.
Where abouts do you live in San Diego?
Old Dec 5th 2004, 6:45 am
Derby Girl

Originally Posted by SDER
Ah ha! Another Brit in San Diego. I am presently living in San Diego, and have been here about ten years. I too dont seem to come across many brits.
Where abouts do you live in San Diego?
We are in Ocean Beach, how about you?
Old Dec 5th 2004, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

SDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really nice

We are in Ocean Beach, how about you?
Over in the valley...