Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where is best to live in San Diego....

Where is best to live in San Diego....

Old Jul 9th 2013, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Leah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where is best to live in San Diego....

Cheers for the tip!
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

FinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond repute

Oops, may have been slightly MIA, crazy week and all that...

Speaking of beer, I'd like to draw everybody's attention to A meet-up proposal for August. The 1975 show seems to be late on a Sunday which might not make for a productive Monday at work...

Oh, and work wear? My favorite at our office was Mr. Senior Director of somethingoranother wearing a thick sweater, long socks, shorts and sandals. Not sure I'd try that on my first day though!

Good luck with the move! Not long to go now IIRC?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Michael
Bear Valley (4 ski resorts) is only 135 miles from San Diego.

Michael

Are you sure that Bear Valley is only 135 miles from San Diego ?

I think its just east of San Fran and at least 500 miles from San Diego or do i have the wrong place?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ginstwin
Michael

Are you sure that Bear Valley is only 135 miles from San Diego ?

I think its just east of San Fran and at least 500 miles from San Diego or do i have the wrong place?
Oops, I meant the Bear Mountain, Mammoth, and Mount Baldy ski area.

http://www.onthesnow.com/southern-ca...skireport.html

http://www.onthesnow.com/southern-california/map.html

Last edited by Michael; Jul 16th 2013 at 4:36 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough

They are good to know about it. Much appreciated.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a very clear day in LA (highly unusual) and are traveling west to east on interstate 10, you may see a snow capped mountain in the direction of Arcadia. The first time I saw it, I couldn't believe it since I traveled that route for about 6 months and previously didn't even see the outline. I believe that may be Mt. Baldy. Also if you go to Santa Anita Racetrack in Arcadia, the mountain becomes easier to see on less clear days.

Last edited by Michael; Jul 16th 2013 at 5:47 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

If you have a very clear day in LA (highly unusual) and are traveling west to east on interstate 10, you may see a snow capped mountain in the direction of Arcadia. The first time I saw it, I couldn't believe it since I traveled that route for about 6 months and previously didn't even see the outline. I believe that may be Mt. Baldy. Also if you go to Santa Anita Racetrack in Arcadia, the mountain becomes easier to see on less clear days.
Thanks Michael. I will look out for it next time i am in LA . Hopefully i will get a chance to check them out this winter.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Leah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FinnDiego
Oops, may have been slightly MIA, crazy week and all that...

Speaking of beer, I'd like to draw everybody's attention to A meet-up proposal for August. The 1975 show seems to be late on a Sunday which might not make for a productive Monday at work...

Good luck with the move! Not long to go now IIRC?

Count me in for a beer! I've bought two tickets to see The 1975 anyway (in the name of optimism of making a friend and 'cos they were dirt cheap and 'cos I love The 1975 and cos I'm a night owl, which will have to change!) and there's loads of gigs coming up that I want to go to, so I'm really excited to get over there now.

Less than 2 weeks to go! I'm at the Embassy this Thursday and my stuff is being packed up on Monday after my leaving do this Sunday. Announcements have finally gone out at work and I still have a tonne of things to do, so feel like a bit of a mad woman. All in all a bit overwhelmed, but really looking forward to it.

What's IIRC stand for?

Oh and since I got back from Italy the other day we've had gorgeous weather here in the UK, so that's been great for a change!
Old Jul 16th 2013, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: Where is best to live in San Diego....

Ditto
Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

IIRC = if I recall correctly
Old Jul 17th 2013, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
IIRC = if I recall correctly
Cheers
Old Jul 19th 2013, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

Hey Leah,

I just saw this thread. I live in San Diego too. I sent you a private message (located at the top right of your screen). Let me know if you need any help.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Jacksdad619 is an unknown quantity at this point

Joined this thread late. Did you find a place yet - and how do you like this heat?
I visited SD in 1990 to see where my girlfriend (now my wife) was born and raised, and after heading back to the UK I couldn't persuade her to start the visa paperwork and get me back here fast enough.
We're in Hillcrest and loving it, BTW.