Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

When you rearrange the letters ....

When you rearrange the letters ....

Old Mar 16th 2005, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default When you rearrange the letters ....

I posted this in the lounge ... hope it's okay to post it here too?

Now ... can anyone think of any new ones to add this list?

Dormitory = Dirty Room

Presbyterian = Best in Prayer

Desperation = A Rope Ends It

George Bush = He Bugs Gore

The Morse Code = Here Come Dots

Slot Machines = Cash Lost In Me

Animosity = Is No Amity

Mother-in-Law = Woman Hitler

Snooze Alarms = Alas! No More Z 's

A Decimal Point = I’m A Dot In Place

The Earthquakes = That Queer Shake

Eleven Plus Two = Twelve Plus One

AND FOR THE GRAND FINALE:

President Clinton of the USA = To Copulate He Finds Interns!
Old Mar 16th 2005, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

londonerdanny will become famous soon enoughlondonerdanny will become famous soon enough
Default Re: When you rearrange the letters ....

Originally Posted by Guelder Rose
I posted this in the lounge ... hope it's okay to post it here too?

Now ... can anyone think of any new ones to add this list?

President Clinton of the USA = To Copulate He Finds Interns!

Well thats a challenge and it took me a while but I think I've got a winner....

"To be or not to be: that is the question, whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune."

=

"In one of the Bard's best-thought-of tragedies, our insistent hero, Hamlet, queries on two fronts about how life turns rotten."

Phew !! I've worn out me pencil !!!

D
Old Mar 17th 2005, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonerdanny

"To be or not to be: that is the question, whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune."

=

"In one of the Bard's best-thought-of tragedies, our insistent hero, Hamlet, queries on two fronts about how life turns rotten."

D

Gawd blimey .... I wasn't expecting that!
Old Mar 17th 2005, 12:33 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

=

D
Yeah, Google can be tough on the old pencil, eh?

Old Mar 17th 2005, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Yeah, Google can be tough on the old pencil, eh?

Hmmm .... never thought to check Google .... silly me didn't think anyone would cheat!
Old Mar 17th 2005, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

londonerdanny will become famous soon enoughlondonerdanny will become famous soon enough

Hmmm .... never thought to check Google .... silly me didn't think anyone would cheat!

#Sigh# some people eh !?!

All of the anagrams found here, and more, can also be found @

http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/hof.html

there are some very cleaver and funny ones there - like this one...

Quote by Oscar Wilde:

"There is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about."
=
"Wilde died broken, beaten 'n' total nut. Hate being sunk in that rotten gaol. Shh, gay is taboo."

Danny
Old Mar 17th 2005, 12:19 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

I confess to once looking up an answer to a company quiz on Google. The returned page was the same one the compiler had used for the whole quiz. Guess who won.............. :scared:
Old Mar 17th 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

#Sigh# some people eh !?!

All of the anagrams found here, and more, can also be found @

http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/hof.html

there are some very cleaver and funny ones there - like this one...

Quote by Oscar Wilde:

"There is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about."
=
"Wilde died broken, beaten 'n' total nut. Hate being sunk in that rotten gaol. Shh, gay is taboo."

Danny
had some great fun on that website
'rule britannia' comes out as 'a irritable nun!'
Old Mar 17th 2005, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by englishnurse
had some great fun on that website
'rule britannia' comes out as 'a irritable nun!'

That website is really good ( yes I am a geek :P ) I don't know how far you looked around that site, but you can put in your own words and it'll give you their anagrams....
At work I put a collegues name in (Brian Watson) it came out with "A brown stain"
I'm sure I don't have to tell you how much fun we had with that little gem !!

Danny