British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   When does UK police certificate become too old to us? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/when-does-uk-police-certificate-become-too-old-us-112810/)

ScarlettHill Oct 12th 2002 3:06 pm

When does UK police certificate become too old to us?

Hi :)

I am going for interview in London October 31. My police certificate is dated March 7. It's too late to apply for a new one - it wouldn't come in time. Anyone have any encouraging tales of success with a 7-month-old police certificate?

Thanks
-=-
Scarlett

jimmyk Oct 12th 2002 4:46 pm

Re: When does UK police certificate become too old to us?

Sorry i have no idea about your question,
BUT, maybe you could help me. I'm about to file my I-130/485 and need copy of my police record at some point. As you seem to already have yours, could you tell me how to get mine. I'm living in the U.S originally from B'ham. I have no cirminal recordsd
Thanks

sxsx Oct 12th 2002 4:49 pm

Originally posted by ScarlettGarrett:

I am going for interview in London October 31. My police certificate is dated March 7. It's too late to apply for a new one - it wouldn't come in time. Anyone have any encouraging tales of success with a 7-month-old police certificate?

Thanks
-=-
Scarlett

valied only for 6 months. Takes up to 40 days to get, apply asap for another one.

katnap8 Oct 12th 2002 6:13 pm

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by ScarlettGarrett:

Thanks
-=-
Scarlett

I remember reading somewhere that is was valid for a year, perhaps it was another posting.

rogerpenycate Oct 12th 2002 6:20 pm

Originally posted by jimmyk:
Sorry i have no idea about your question,
BUT, maybe you could help me. I'm about to file my I-130/485 and need copy of my police record at some point. As you seem to already have yours, could you tell me how to get mine. I'm living in the U.S originally from B'ham. I have no cirminal recordsd
Thanks

Jimmy,
You need to contact the Police HQ in Colmore Circus in Birmingham. They'll send you a form, fill it in and send it back with a cheque for GBP10.
I'm not sure the easiest way to do it from the US, all I can suggest if you have relatives or freinds in the UK perhaps they can phone the POlice and find out.
I got mine from Brum but was in the UK and they were very helpful.

Roger

rogerpenycate Oct 12th 2002 6:23 pm

Thanks
-=-
Scarlett

Scarlett,
I thought they were good for 12 months.
Just to be on the safe side, I'd suggest that you phone your local Police HQ where you got it from and ask, if they can't help try emailing the US Embassy.
However, before doing that I'm sure someone will come on here and give ou a definitive answer.

good luck

Patrick Oct 12th 2002 7:04 pm

Thanks
-=-
Scarlett

Hi Scarlett,

I don't know the answer, I think I've heard both but the worst thing that could happen is that you get an RFE so you then have to produce it later (I think my mate Roger got an RFE so he can tell you how they work). Given that they take 40 days to get a police cert and you want to go at the begining of December you should just about do it (if you get an RFE)

Bon Chance

Patrick

Denis Oct 12th 2002 7:23 pm

Hi, 'tis me again!

My certificate was 6 months and 14 days old when I got my visa.

If you look on the US Embassy website it clearly states that a UK
Police Certificate is valid for 12 months from the date of issuance.

http://www.usembassy.-
org.uk/cons_web/faqs/iv/faq_pc.htm

Denis

PS Stop worrying! :-)

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 15:06:49 +0000, ScarlettGarrett
wrote:

>Hi :)
    >I am going for interview in London October 31. My police certificate is
    >dated March 7. It's too late to apply for a new one - it wouldn't come
    >in time. Anyone have any encouraging tales of success with a 7-month-old
    >police certificate?
    >Thanks
    >-=-
    >Scarlett

ScarlettHill Oct 12th 2002 7:47 pm

Originally posted by Denis:
Hi, 'tis me again!

My certificate was 6 months and 14 days old when I got my visa.

If you look on the US Embassy website it clearly states that a UK
Police Certificate is valid for 12 months from the date of issuance.

http://www.usembassy.-
org.uk/cons_web/faqs/iv/faq_pc.htm

Denis

PS Stop worrying! :-)

Dear Denis,

I have felt sick all day. Even my mum was unable to eat her tea. We will both love you forever.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

rogerpenycate Oct 12th 2002 7:52 pm

Originally posted by Patrick:

Hi Scarlett,

I don't know the answer, I think I've heard both but the worst thing that could happen is that you get an RFE so you then have to produce it later (I think my mate Roger got an RFE so he can tell you how they work). Given that they take 40 days to get a police cert and you want to go at the begining of December you should just about do it (if you get an RFE)

Bon Chance

Patrick

I'm 100% sure it is valid for 12 months

BTW my RFE's were for
1/. I didn't realize I needed to take a letter from my ex-wife giving her approval for my daughter to emigrate with me.
2/. I didn't have an originl I-864A as we were using the equity in my propery towards the Affadavit.

Patrick,
Can't you use the equity in your wifes collection of shoes towards the Affadavit :o)

ScarlettHill Oct 12th 2002 8:11 pm

Originally posted by rogerpenycate:

I'm 100% sure it is valid for 12 months

BTW my RFE's were for
1/. I didn't realize I needed to take a letter from my ex-wife giving her approval for my daughter to emigrate with me.
2/. I didn't have an originl I-864A as we were using the equity in my propery towards the Affadavit.

Patrick,
Can't you use the equity in your wifes collection of shoes towards the Affadavit :o)

OK, Roger, I love you too :)

I have never felt more grateful for this newsgroup than today.

you guys have saved my sanity. Thank you.

Patrick Oct 12th 2002 8:22 pm

OK, Roger, I love you too :)

I have never felt more grateful for this newsgroup than today.

you guys have saved my sanity. Thank you.

What about me!

Patrick

PS Roger I have banned ellen from buying shoes until we get back to the USA. (like she will take any notice of me!)

gracejilly Oct 12th 2002 8:34 pm

Hi Scarlett,

I also was worried since Kenny has had his police cert for a few months, and I have not even filed my petition. I asked all over and finally asked London. They responded good for one year. I will look for the email they sent me and post it for you.

As if you thought your worrying was over. Relax, you are almost to the finish line.

Best to you,

Jill

gracejilly Oct 12th 2002 8:40 pm

Hi Scarlett,

I found the post and here it is.

The police certificate is considered valid for a year from date of issuance for our purposes.
It is possible to begin the administrative processing of a fiancé(e) visa application before the INS approves the petition. Therefore, your fiancé may download the forms from our website or,if you provide his full U.K.postal address,we will send him the packet of forms. The forms should be completed and returned to the Immigrant Visa Unit as soon as possible. Upon receipt we will open a provisional working file in his name.

[London-Consular] -----Original Message-----

mogsy31 Oct 12th 2002 8:43 pm

i thought thre was some sort of waiver as regards people from the uk and police certificates, i did'nt think uk police provided this info.... i may be wrong as i am very new to this and i hope to be in usa soon... i'm from walsall uk

Originally posted by gracejilly:
Hi Scarlett,

I also was worried since Kenny has had his police cert for a few months, and I have not even filed my petition. I asked all over and finally asked London. They responded good for one year. I will look for the email they sent me and post it for you.

As if you thought your worrying was over. Relax, you are almost to the finish line.

Best to you,

Jill