British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   When a cult hero dies back home ... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/when-cult-hero-dies-back-home-358586/)

User Name Mar 2nd 2006 8:28 am

When a cult hero dies back home ...

when someone you recognize as a quintessential Brit or cult hero dies back home, boy do the heart strings pull you back to your homeland and you think on it and wonder what the heck you are doing here in this foreign land that we try to think of as home. Can be a very depressing thought ... just as well we don't have too many British rainy afternoons over here. I just can't get over Peter Osgood's most untimely death. Really awful is all I can say. RIP Mr. Osgood.

peacelover Mar 2nd 2006 11:16 am

Re: When a cult hero dies back home ...

Yes and now Jack Wild has gone and he was only 53, no age really at all.

Lynne Mar 2nd 2006 11:36 am

Originally Posted by peacelover
Yes and now Jack Wild has gone and he was only 53, no age really at all.

OT but your avatar looks like a Somali :D

BigDavyG Mar 2nd 2006 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by User Name
when someone you recognize as a quintessential Brit or cult hero dies back home, boy do the heart strings pull you back to your homeland and you think on it and wonder what the heck you are doing here in this foreign land that we try to think of as home. Can be a very depressing thought ... just as well we don't have too many British rainy afternoons over here. I just can't get over Peter Osgood's most untimely death. Really awful is all I can say. RIP Mr. Osgood.

Nice post

CarlM Mar 2nd 2006 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Nice post

As long as Peter Sellers, Sir Alec Guiness and Harry Secombe are all still alive and with us, things arent so bad!

Sarah Mar 2nd 2006 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by User Name

I felt the same way when John Peel died last year. Such a shame, he died way too young.

User Name Mar 3rd 2006 6:09 am

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Nice post

*nods* Just wish Peter Osgood could have lived to a grand old age.

Sarah> yes, John Peel's passing took a lot away from us. His commitment to new bands and his great radio presence. RIP.

blaze Mar 3rd 2006 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Sarah
I felt the same way when John Peel died last year. Such a shame, he died way too young.

I didn't know that he had died!!! :(

Rushman Mar 3rd 2006 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Sarah

Well there's a bit of bad news I never knew about.

geordiegirl2 Mar 3rd 2006 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by blaze
I didn't know that he had died!!! :(

me niether, how tragic.

TRPardoe Mar 4th 2006 11:19 am

Originally Posted by geordiegirl2
me niether, how tragic.

You should all subscribe to the Daily Telegraph on line. Then you will never miss things like John Peel's passing.