Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats yours is mine...

Whats yours is mine...

Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whats yours is mine...

and whats mines my own!

I am the only one that is getting annoyed by the fact the US news channels (Fox, CNN) are all giving the impression that the US where major players in the recent airline plots? not that I am saying they were no help at all but when you listen to the news stories they seem to come across like the arrests were all thanks to the US and how come the reverse never happens (when the UK, or other countires assist the US in apprehensions of terrorists).

The again though I guess this is the way it has always been... you only have to watch a couple of second world war films to see that.

Annoying anyhow.

Ash
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats yours is mine...

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
and whats mines my own!

I am the only one that is getting annoyed by the fact the US news channels (Fox, CNN) are all giving the impression that the US where major players in the recent airline plots? not that I am saying they were no help at all but when you listen to the news stories they seem to come across like the arrests were all thanks to the US and how come the reverse never happens (when the UK, or other countires assist the US in apprehensions of terrorists).

The again though I guess this is the way it has always been... you only have to watch a couple of second world war films to see that.

Annoying anyhow.

Ash
I had noticed that too...perhaps its because the viewers probably wouldn't be interested if it wasn't a US owned story.

Hey, that's the saying I like to use.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I had noticed that too...perhaps its because the viewers probably wouldn't be interested if it wasn't a US owned story.

Exactly. It also for networks like FOX to put the fear of God into every far right leaning redneck son of a bitch who thinks the UN's helicopters are circling above his house and Sanjay who works nights at the 7/11 is one of those dirty terrorists, because he wears a turbin.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 1:10 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Its the American way. Just think of all the war movies.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

and whats mines my own!

Annoying anyhow.

Ash
I can't stand Fox news for this very reason. They are often turning stories around to give the Pro USA version. I try to only watch the BBC news at 6pm or listen to NPR as it seems to cover more middle ground. I was recently told that the BBC were a "Bunch of communists" by an American relative who is an avid Fox news watcher. I rest my case, its exhausting to reason with this point of view. I just try to ignore the "we are the biggest and the most powerful country on the planet" mentality when it comes to politics.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:44 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

and whats mines my own!

Annoying anyhow.

Ash
very true but so what's new in america it's one of the reasons i love this country
Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what the reaction would be if you started talking about GCHQ doing the intelligence work.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:02 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

ITA with all the above. Yep I'm copping out! Don't you just love how when Faux (sic) News was faced with a lawsuit about its "Fair and Balanced" slogan, they changed it to "We Report, You Decide". Yeah, and look at what exactly they choose to report! UGH!

All I can say is Hurray for Jon Stewart!
Old Aug 14th 2006, 11:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
very true but so what's new in america it's one of the reasons i love this country
TruBrit....your nose has grown at least 3 inches....don't even try to deny it!
Old Aug 14th 2006, 11:37 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Try not to watch Fox news, it helps!
Old Aug 14th 2006, 11:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Partystar

CNN and MSNBC are left wing biased IMHO so I just flick from one of the three news channels to the other....to keep it fair and balanced of course.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 15th 2006 at 12:14 am.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 11:52 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

CNN and MSNBC or left wing biased IMHO so I just flick from one of the three news channels to the other....to keep it fair and balanced of course.
Relatively speaking?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 12:15 am
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Hubby loves his fox news thank god we have more than one tv!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 12:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Relatively speaking?

Typo Gruff...numb fingers have numbed me brain down too.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 1:41 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO, Fox News is the news equivalent of The 700 Club, in that I can't decide whether it's the funniest thing i've ever seen, or the most frightening thing i've ever seen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.