Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats yours mean?

Whats yours mean?

Old Jun 24th 2004, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

Big Vern has been my internet alter ego for years.

Of all the bizarre characters in Viz, Vern was the one who made me laugh the most. I used to find his adventures hysterical....

Of course I'm nothing like him....
Old Jun 24th 2004, 3:50 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

My moniker is because my name is Duncan and i lived for 10 years in Northern Ireland but was actually born on the Isle of Wight. I spent most of my adult life in Northern Ireland and it is my home so i feel and emotional attachment to it so British/Irish(ish) Duncs seemed to sum it up well for me.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 4:22 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is my name, shortened and everyone presumes I am of the male variety
Old Jun 24th 2004, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

shamur will become famous soon enough

I have two dogs SHAni & MURphy hence shamur.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

shamur will become famous soon enough

I have two dogs SHAni & MURphy hence shamur.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:05 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Well "Yosser Hughes" was the "gissa a job, I can do dat like" caracter in Boys from the black stuff, it was actually my dads favourtie show, he is a carpenter and everytime I would work with his building company in the summer and easter holidays for some extra $$$, all his work mates would call him "Yosser" and they would call me "YY" it stands for "Young Yosser"......

alright enough of the
Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:37 pm
Scarlett-Dallas

Default Re: Whats yours mean?

Well....

Can't quite remember what my name's all about....

Regards
-=-

Scarlett
(in Dallas)

--
Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:38 pm

Scarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond repute

Well....

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
(in Dallas)

Last edited by Scarlett-Dallas; Jun 24th 2004 at 6:00 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Oggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura about

Oggie is another name for a Cornish pastie (the food of the gods), and the Cornish often chant "Oggie, Oggie, Oggie", to which the response is "Oi, Oi, Oi!"

It seems the Australians have taken the chant and replaced "oggie" with "Aussie" (which is acceptable considering that so many Cornish migrated to Australia.)
Old Jun 24th 2004, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Oggie Oi!
Oggie is another name for a Cornish pastie (the food of the gods), and the Cornish often chant "Oggie, Oggie, Oggie", to which the response is "Oi, Oi, Oi!"

It seems the Australians have taken the chant and replaced "oggie" with "Aussie" (which is acceptable considering that so many Cornish migrated to Australia.)

..and there was me thinking you were Welsh
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:55 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Oggie Oi!

Ah! what I would give for a St.Ives steaming hot fresh pastie and a pint of the good stuff!

I had many a good wavesailing session at Marazion as well.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:56 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

I work in the metalcasting industry (foundries) where we pour molten iron into molds and make castings for industrial use. When I wanted a Yahoo email, ironpourer was already taken.

If you drive aan American built car, chances are good that the safety grade (the ones that when they fail people die) castings in the chassis or brakes are ours.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by g1ant
My old amatuer radio call sign.

Pretty apt considering my size.
G1ANT de W6JE
Used to be WB2IBE "I'm born English" (My dad came up with that).

"Edwords" is a play on my name and the fact that I'm a writer. The "underground" part comes from the fact that I like to keep a low profile.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 11:41 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Scarlett-Dallas

Scarlett
(in Dallas)
Quite frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

BTW, I just read your web page. I have to agree, that woman at the doctor's in London is an absolute star. I've never seen anyone take blood so painlessly and so effortlessly as she did,

g1ant
Old Jun 25th 2004, 3:05 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Big Vern
Big Vern has been my internet alter ego for years.

Of all the bizarre characters in Viz, Vern was the one who made me laugh the most. I used to find his adventures hysterical....

Of course I'm nothing like him....
I preferred the characters PorkStockAlcanFoilWrappedWarrior myself - bit of a mouthful, or that guy with the unfeasibly large testicles.

I wanted a simple name for the US Visa advice forum, so it would be clear which way I was going..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.