Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What's on your list of swag for visitors to bring you?

What's on your list of swag for visitors to bring you?

Old Apr 30th 2012, 9:53 pm
Banned

Primula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What's on your list of swag for visitors to bring you?

Originally Posted by redglade
malt loaf
Love those.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh malt loaf. I've been here 10 days and havent grabbed any yet. Thats tomorrows task
Old May 2nd 2012, 12:15 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
I paid $4.99 for a can of Heinz baked beans and $5.99 for a small jar of Branston Pickle on Saturday.
Ouch, those beans are pricey, they're $2.50 down my way, little less for the Bachelors stuff I think.

You should check out the Wegmans Vegetarian beans, closest thing to Heinz and much nicer than the Heinz Vegetarian variety and a bargain at $1 a can that's about twice the size
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:18 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by washsaint
Our parents/inlaws always bring the following:

Jaffa cakes
ginger nuts
chocolate digestives
Pastis (from France obviously)
Robinsons squash
Salad cream
Marmite
PG Tips
Fruit pastilles
Twiglets
Milk Chocolate

We've found a fab pasty shop in Vienna, VA that we can get prawn cocktail and cheese and onion crisps from (yummy) as well as crunchies and other stuff that is cheaper than Amazon.
Nice list, chocolate digestives I can now buy at wal-mart of all places.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:06 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Southy_SWFC
Oooh malt loaf. I've been here 10 days and havent grabbed any yet. Thats tomorrows task
I forgot all about Malt Loaf ... I wish I had picked some up now.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

rochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to all

Hi, In Grapevine Texas, there is a British Emporium which sells all and more of what you have all mentioned above in your swag lists.
Its brilliant, girls are nice in there too and if they dont have what you wnat, they will try their best to get it for you.
Details below xx
British Emporium sells English groceries and gifts in North ...
The British Emporium • 140 North Main Street • Grapevine, Texas 76051 (817) 421-2311 • Open Daily 10-6, Sunday 12-5 Unless otherwise noted, all content and ...
www.british-emporium.com
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rochester jane
Hi, In Grapevine Texas, there is a British Emporium which sells all and more of what you have all mentioned above in your swag lists.
I can get pretty much all of in three Brit stores in Mass too and a decent one up in Maine, but that's some what besides the point, what with the inflated cost and if not going local, adding in the shipping :/
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

I asked a fellow Englishman in Maine what he wants me to bring him back, his answer was jaffa cakes and pickled onion monster munch. Easy