Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the worst movie you ever saw?

Whats the worst movie you ever saw?

Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

THFC1 will become famous soon enoughTHFC1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Whats the worst movie you ever saw?

Maid in Manhattan with J Lo has to be on any list of bad movies.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:11 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I have watched some sh*te in my time, some of which I would not care to ever talk about again, but I have only ever done this once - rented the movie, watched it for 15 minutes, then took it back to the shop and asked for a refund - it was absolutely awful. I think the movie was called Down To Earth. Basically God kills Chris Rock by accident and gives him a second chance, but he gets sent back to earth in the body of a fat white guy who's just died of a heart-attack. Obviously much hilarity ensues.

Keanu Reeves seems to be getting a lot of stick on here which is fair enough as he can't act for toffee, but do not forget how good a flick Point Break is. Personally I find Vin Diesel 100 times worse, and worst acting performance of all time has to go to Jon Voight in anaconda.

Another bad movie is Ghost Dog (Forrest Whitaker plays a ninja who lives on top of a block of flats in brooklyn with his pigeons. His best friend drives an ice-cream van and speaks only french, no english. Forrest speaks no french), the thing about it though, and a lot of other bad movies, is that its so bad that its actually good.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:12 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Add Titanic to that list and your wife must be my wife's twin sister. Probably need to add any movie that Patrick Swayze ever made too....
Apart from Point Break or Roadhouse - two classics in anyone's book.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

jamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nethead
I have a 10 year old daughter so have to add any film with Hilary Duff in or the 'orrible Olsen twins.

Annette
Catch That Kid. I took my son to see it and it was bloody awful. Oh and The Tigger movie. Hubby and I both fell asleep in the cinema.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

jamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud of

Autumn in New York.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

NeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud of

Bean was awful, the movie version of the Mr Bean series (which was enjoyable enough). Pearl Harbor was a shocker too, it went on forever and at no point during the movie did I develop any kind of bond with the characters - I really didn't care if the couple got together or not.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:23 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

[QUOTE=BigDavyG]I have watched some sh*te in my time, some of which I would not care to ever talk about again, but I have only ever done this once - rented the movie, watched it for 15 minutes, then took it back to the shop and asked for a refundQUOTE]

I did this with a rental - "A Day without a Mexican" - basically a pink fog covers California and in the morning all the Mexicans have vanished and because of this nothing gets done in the state ! ..... I never saw how it ended as I got bored about 10 mins into it and took it back.....

btw BigDav - I thought that Chris Rock movie was funny it parts.... oh well..
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:25 pm
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
I did this with a rental - "A Day without a Mexican" - basically a pink fog covers California and in the morning all the Mexicans have vanished and because of this nothing gets done in the state ! ..... I never saw how it ended as I got bored about 10 mins into it and took it back.....

In the end they wouldn't actually give me a refund, but I was allowed to swap it for a playstation game
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Glasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to all

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - so bad I had to leave the cinema and since then it's been showing on every plane that I've been on! It's starting to haunt me!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Cellular
Starsky and Hutch
Sleeping with the Enemy - Put me off Julia Roberts forever.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:11 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave

"What are you doin'?"
"I'm backin' that ass up!"
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:12 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
Cellular
Starsky and Hutch
Sleeping with the Enemy - Put me off Julia Roberts forever.
I love this movie!!! Same goes for "Enough", I'm not a J Lo fan, but I really liked that one.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:08 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I love this movie!!! Same goes for "Enough", I'm not a J Lo fan, but I really liked that one.
I understood that 'The Avengers' sucked balls, and im surprised we had no comments on that one! (Ive not seen it and have no intention of doing so!)
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Under Siege 2.

Jar Jar Binks makes The Phantom Menace difficult to watch.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on guys - there is some major slagging of movies going on here. Now to be fair there are some major turkeys being mooted here, but i don't think many of them would fall into the category of WORST movie ever seen - in fact some of them are quite good in their own way - if even to laugh at!

I love movies and enjoy even a bad movie generally (that isnt as twisted as it sounds) but there are few that are contenders for worst ever.

Now how about best ever? For me Casablanca, although you then have to start categories etc etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.