Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..

Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..

Old Mar 26th 2006, 10:49 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
It's been very interesting to see the different styles and sizes. Certainly some good looking homes we have. I hate to think what our electric bill would be a month, trying to cool down a 4000 sq ft house. :scared:
For our 4000 sq ft home we average $300/month electric during the summer and have at least one month ~$350. In winter our gas heating bill is around $250. Total combined energy bills for the house average $300 over a 12-month period.

The thing is, we don't over-cool or over-heat our home. Many people around here seem to cool their home to <70deg. We keep ours at 78deg in the summer. Similarly, we only heat to 68deg in the winter. The savings from wearing a few more clothes in winter, and a few less in summer, is probably >$100 per month.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbj1000
For our 4000 sq ft home we average $300/month electric during the summer and have at least one month ~$350. In winter our gas heating bill is around $250. Total combined energy bills for the house average $300 over a 12-month period.

The thing is, we don't over-cool or over-heat our home. Many people around here seem to cool their home to <70deg. We keep ours at 78deg in the summer. Similarly, we only heat to 68deg in the winter. The savings from wearing a few more clothes in winter, and a few less in summer, is probably >$100 per month.

interesting...ours is higher as i hate the humidity and sadly as this ugly metropolis is surrounded by it we therefore run the a/c in the summer at around 71/72
Old Mar 26th 2006, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

We pretty much have the house cooled to 72 degrees from mid april when the temps start to hit the 90s through to early october when they dip back into the 80s. Our bill is about $140 a month.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 10:57 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I think I want your house Gruff.

Wanna swap, and come live in suburban hell for a while?
No it's OK It is a lot of work though, the old couple we bought it off hadn't done anything to it since they built it in the 70's. I'm half way through renovating the lovely 1970s decor, including some lovely ships lantern lights and the wonderfully grotesque dark wood panelling in the family room was hiding the old termite damage, the bastards knew about it I'm sure as the bathroom above had sunk by an inch....."What shall we do this weekend dear?", "Oh I don't know, a spot of painting in the powder room or Jack the middle of the house up and replace the wall?"
We hardly get any sunlight because of the trees and the humidity after a spot of rain is like a sauna.

I finished the basement, with all the usual home cinema gubbins, not realising there was an outstanding building permit for the Radon extraction from the previous owners. The Building inspector kept calling us to do a final on it, while I was halfway through finishing it "Oh, I'm not feeling well at the moment, call back in a couple of weeks"
Old Mar 26th 2006, 11:03 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
No it's OK It is a lot of work though, the old couple we bought it off hadn't done anything to it since they built it in the 70's. I'm half way through renovating the lovely 1970s decor, including some lovely ships lantern lights and the wonderfully grotesque dark wood panelling in the family room was hiding the old termite damage, the bastards knew about it I'm sure as the bathroom above had sunk by an inch....."What shall we do this weekend dear?", "Oh I don't know, a spot of painting in the powder room or Jack the middle of the house up and replace the wall?"
We hardly get any sunlight because of the trees and the humidity after a spot of rain is like a sauna.

I finished the basement, with all the usual home cinema gubbins, not realising there was an outstanding building permit for the Radon extraction from the previous owners. The Building inspector kept calling us to do a final on it, while I was halfway through finishing it "Oh, I'm not feeling well at the moment, call back in a couple of weeks"
OK, you've dissuaded me. Looks nice though.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

Perfumdiva1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody electricity bill in the summer has hit $600 for our home, and even then the whole house isnt cooled completely

We have replaced all 3 units outside and the bits upstairs in the attic too, but not much of an improvement really

Just poorly designed I guess
Although, in the winter the gas bills hits about $300, even when it is baltic
(ok, slightly frosty), so that isnt so bad

Roll on the hot and humid summer, and it gets even worse when we have visitors, as they all seem to like to sleep in a fridge
Old Mar 26th 2006, 11:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
Bloody electricity bill in the summer has hit $600 for our home, and even then the whole house isnt cooled completely
Bloody Hell!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Mar 26th 2006, 11:51 pm
Account Closed

Perfumdiva1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmerLisa

Yip

Our thoughts everytime the bill come in
Old Mar 26th 2006, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
Yip

Our thoughts everytime the bill come in
And here I was having a fit over our measly $135 one this month. We don't have A/C and hoping like hell we don't need it this summer......
Old Mar 26th 2006, 11:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
innit...and I think it's bad when this dingy apartment has a $45 bill
Old Mar 27th 2006, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by britvic
Come on then you sexy beast let's have another photo, please
Please Vic, don't feed the animals.....
Old Mar 27th 2006, 12:53 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USBound
Eskimo - what price range is that house in? **** we're living in a 1200sqrft apartment in woodland hills and its SMALL.. 4 of us (me jackie & 2 kids).
1200 square feet, you lucky ba stard. That's 500 more than we have.
Here's a picture of our place;

Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:19 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

House is 4 bed, 4 bath 2715 Heated square feet on half an acre backing onto the 8th fairway.

The beach house is 2105 heated square feet and has 4 beds and 2.5 baths.
Attached Thumbnails Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..-frontview.jpg  
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Patrick
House is 4 bed, 4 bath 2715 Heated square feet on half an acre backing onto the 8th fairway.

The beach house is 2105 heated square feet and has 4 beds and 2.5 baths.
The beach house, eh?
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:47 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
1200 square feet, you lucky ba stard. That's 500 more than we have.
Here's a picture of our place;

I might have a few more square feet than you, Lionheart. But not by much.

Do the words tiny arsed hovel mean anything to you people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.