Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Old May 18th 2005, 3:18 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

I think it was being called a pompous prat. Nope, hang on. That belongs in the "What's the funniest thing you've been called" thread.
Old May 18th 2005, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Americans are evil swines to each other, not just to foreigners.
Old May 18th 2005, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
yeah he was 5
Well then, he should have known better
Old May 18th 2005, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Nothing much to me yet, but to my poor little boy meny a time when we take him to the park or activity play things in Micky Ds, saying things like "dont want to play with you" go away, I just pipe up loud enough for the rude brat to hear as well as the mother "Son dont bother with that horrible child" just breaks your heart sometimes because he is only 3 and so much to learn that everybody "well some children" are not friendly. Just seemed to come across this far more over here than back home.
I know exactly what you mean... as soon as my daughter started crawling I would take her to the play area in the mall... she is an only child and I want her to mix with other kids and learn to share.

I used to be the nicey nice mother and think kids will be kids... but no more. I will now physically remove kids attacking her and tell them they should not push, kick etc.

When my daughter was about 9 months old a little boy about 3 pushed her flat on her face then spread eagled over the top of her another time a 3 or 4 year old boy kept pushing her (trying to push her over) then had her held from behind in the choke hold... last week she was climbing the stairs the slide and girl tried the push her down the stairs.

When Em is in the play area I am following her around usually only a couple of step behind her. Most of the other mother dump their kids in there and just sit chatting Parenting in the US has a lot left to be desired too... but thats another thread.

Ash
Old May 18th 2005, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
To balance Dimsie's story, there's a particular colleague on my floor who has come to me on several occasions to ask about spelling and grammar in contracts. He's said he asks me because I'm "educated"!

NC Penguin

Gods!!!!! That's the most horrible insult I've ever heard of!! How dare he try to say that your....err...."educated". This tosser should be put to death for such an outrage!!!
Old May 18th 2005, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

SBG&DHY is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Well, considering I was born and raised in the United States, I've heard it all. I think....
After reading a few of your responses, I've decided to join the fun. America. Isn't it grand? I think so. And obviously, if you're living in this country, so do you.
Some of you think that deep down inside, Americans are really superficial, non-aware, and completely selfish pricks. Well, I think you just described 3/4 of the worlds 'civilized' poplulation. The problem I see it as, is a communication issue. Yes, you speak English, the way YOU speak English. Last time I checked, it was neither right or wrong. However, that having been said, there's a lot of kids out there (american) who's spelling and grammer is, well, let's just say....not 'quite' there....LOL....But regardless. Realize that even though this is the largest melting pot in the free world, and you've decided to join us, that sometimes us 'lessor folk Americans' need a little help understanding exactly what just came out of your little posh mouth.
Rude? You're in The United States of America. Where the person with the largest SUV, House, Fence, Pay Check, and Breast Implants WINS.
You knew that before you came here, and now you're venting about how rude we are.
Amercians have a 'generalized' image of how the British are. Arrogant and Snide, and generally contemptuous towards US Americans.
And as most of you have confirmed, the British seem to look down upon us, as if we're just lessor folk. Simple folk. Isn't that just 'cute as a button?'. LOL

Right. We'll my nice British Expats, WELCOME to America. Adapt and OVER COME.

Example:
My Girlfriend and I were at a Dunkin Donuts here in Boston. (Logan Airport actually) and she walked up to order two coffees. Now, visualize Boston, and Dunkin Donuts.........RIGHT....people behind the counter......staring at you, and not speaking ENGLISH as you and I have come to know it. She said "May I have two Hazelnuts Please". The girl goes to start making our order, while the guy behind the counter looks at her and says "May I help you?" LOL....She said, "I've already ordered, Thanks". he repeats himself, and she repeats her self, only this time louder.
PAUSE.. Now I'm watching this unfold, and realizing that this could go on for all damn night (because, as I've noticed, at times, you British are slow on the uptake) LOL JOKE
So I intervene and say a little louder and FIRMLY WITH a hand signaling the number "2" "Two medium Hazelnuts, and that's it".
He understood completely.
Firmly, Clearly, and Precisely. And remember, FIRM eye contact. That will get you much farther in our beloved US of A.

Preception is Reality. The world doesn't revolve around YOU. And even if the receptionist is a complete Minging Twat.....Don't be afraid to use very Firm Tones nor should you act like it's a big deal afterwards.

And for the record, between you and me, I think us Americans are more emotionally available than the British. EXCLUDING my Girlfriend, Bless her.

Welcome to America, and watch your step coming in.

Later peeps.

Last edited by SBG&DHY; May 18th 2005 at 4:40 am.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:46 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

SBG&DHY:

This is going to be fun.

P.S. Thought one of our maverick politicians gave you good eye contact and firmness today. Pity your own spineless politicos can't do the same.

Last edited by fatbrit; May 18th 2005 at 4:49 am.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:52 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Maz
I've got "Let me guess... I know, you're South African! No? Well then you're Welsh". I mean, WTF?
Weird. I get the '''you're british' or 'britain seems so lovely'..and I'm not even a Brit

Americans are emotionally there for you alright. For two seconds exactly.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:52 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SBG&DHY
Isn't it grand? I think so. And obviously, if you're living in this country, so do you.
Yep. That's right. We are all here because the US is so "obesely" amazing

Another one that knows everyone's reason for being in the US. Must be fortunate to have all that insight.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:55 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, considering I was born and raised in the United States, I've heard it all. I think....
After reading a few of your responses, I've decided to join the fun. America. Isn't it grand? I think so. And obviously, if you're living in this country, so do you.
Some of you think that deep down inside, Americans are really superficial, non-aware, and completely selfish pricks. Well, I think you just described 3/4 of the worlds 'civilized' poplulation. The problem I see it as, is a communication issue. Yes, you speak English, the way YOU speak English. Last time I checked, it was neither right or wrong. However, that having been said, there's a lot of kids out there (american) who's spelling and grammer is, well, let's just say....not 'quite' there....LOL....But regardless. Realize that even though this is the largest melting pot in the free world, and you've decided to join us, that sometimes us 'lessor folk Americans' need a little help understanding exactly what just came out of your little posh mouth.
Rude? You're in The United States of America. Where the person with the largest SUV, House, Fence, Pay Check, and Breast Implants WINS.
You knew that before you came here, and now you're venting about how rude we are.
Amercians have a 'generalized' image of how the British are. Arrogant and Snide, and generally contemptuous towards US Americans.
And as most of you have confirmed, the British seem to look down upon us, as if we're just lessor folk. Simple folk. Isn't that just 'cute as a button?'. LOL

Right. We'll my nice British Expats, WELCOME to America. Adapt and OVER COME.

Example:
My Girlfriend and I were at a Dunkin Donuts here in Boston. (Logan Airport actually) and she walked up to order two coffees. Now, visualize Boston, and Dunkin Donuts.........RIGHT....people behind the counter......staring at you, and not speaking ENGLISH as you and I have come to know it. She said "May I have two Hazelnuts Please". The girl goes to start making our order, while the guy behind the counter looks at her and says "May I help you?" LOL....She said, "I've already ordered, Thanks". he repeats himself, and she repeats her self, only this time louder.
PAUSE.. Now I'm watching this unfold, and realizing that this could go on for all damn night (because, as I've noticed, at times, you British are slow on the uptake) LOL JOKE
So I intervene and say a little louder and FIRMLY WITH a hand signaling the number "2" "Two medium Hazelnuts, and that's it".
He understood completely.
Firmly, Clearly, and Precisely. And remember, FIRM eye contact. That will get you much farther in our beloved US of A.

Preception is Reality. The world doesn't revolve around YOU. And even if the receptionist is a complete Minging Twat.....Don't be afraid to use very Firm Tones nor should you act like it's a big deal afterwards.

And for the record, between you and me, I think us Americans are more emotionally available than the British. EXCLUDING my Girlfriend, Bless her.

Welcome to America, and watch your step coming in.

Later peeps.
I'll keep it short and sweet: you monumental condescending wanker. 99% of the Americans I know are pleasant, reasonable and intelligent. A small minority (the subject of this thread) are rude, racist and stupid. Then along comes a prick like you to tell us that it's US who are at fault for talking with our "posh little mouths". Well done. I'll try to speak lounder and slower if I ever meet you, since apprently that way we'll avoid all communications issues.

There, was that rude enough for you?

[edit] Actually I've decided it isn't rude enough for me. You are apparently also illiterate, rather stupid in a dull, plodding sort of way (was it Logan Airport, actually?), and your father smelled of elderberries.

There, that's better.

Last edited by dbj1000; May 18th 2005 at 5:02 am.
Old May 18th 2005, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

SBG&DHY is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I'll keep it short and sweet: you monumental condescending wanker. 99% of the Americans I know are pleasant, reasonable and intelligent. A small minority (the subject of this thread) are rude, racist and stupid. Then along comes a prick like you to tell us that it's US who are at fault for talking with our "posh little mouths". Well done. I'll try to speak lounder and slower if I ever meet you, since apprently that way we'll avoid all communications issues.

There, was that rude enough for you?

[edit] Actually I've decided it isn't rude enough for me. You are apparently also illiterate, rather stupid in a dull, plodding sort of way (was it Logan Airport, actually?), and your father smelled of elderberries.

There, that's better.
You're getting the hang of it there little one, but apparently it's YOU who needs some reading lessons. Daddy never said anything about SLOWER. Regardless, I wasn't blaming the British in general. If you'd put down your defenses for a bit, then you'd realize what I was trying to say. It really was in good fun, I wasn't trying to be a prick, however if that's the preception, so be it. So, with that, Sod off, and What Eva!! And if I was dull, you'd not feel the need to respond, but just rather, doze off, into your normal level of activity. Go boil some fish.

OKAY OKAY.........ENOUGH. I'm just kidding Fer F***s Sakes!! I did have a point. But at this time of night, I just don't care to clarify for you. Cheers.
Old May 18th 2005, 5:33 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

SBG&DHY:

It's a good idea to get a taste of a forum before you jump head in. Typical Yank mistake I know! But if you're marrying a Brit, it'd be a good idea to increase your cultural sensitivity now.
Old May 18th 2005, 5:56 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone?
Old May 18th 2005, 5:59 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Wintersong

Anyone?
don't mind if I do! We're awaiting his reply. 1000 words of drivel, no doubt!
Old May 18th 2005, 6:00 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

You're getting the hang of it there little one, but apparently it's YOU who needs some reading lessons. Daddy never said anything about SLOWER. Regardless, I wasn't blaming the British in general. If you'd put down your defenses for a bit, then you'd realize what I was trying to say. It really was in good fun, I wasn't trying to be a prick, however if that's the preception, so be it. So, with that, Sod off, and What Eva!! And if I was dull, you'd not feel the need to respond, but just rather, doze off, into your normal level of activity. Go boil some fish.

OKAY OKAY.........ENOUGH. I'm just kidding Fer F***s Sakes!! I did have a point. But at this time of night, I just don't care to clarify for you. Cheers.
Seriously...

I know you had a point. You just didn't make it very well

No-one here was talking about Americans in general either. However, most of us are here because we love someone enough to give up our lives, homes, friends, families and everything we know and love to be with them. Not because we think America is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Please bear with us while we rant about the things that piss us off.

Thank you for your forbearance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.