Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What's the highest credit score you can get?

What's the highest credit score you can get?

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 2:38 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the highest credit score you can get?

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Perhaps TransUnion and Experian have given you their own scores which mean nothing outside of each respective credit bureaux. i.e. they have no credibility in the credit lending industry.
thats 100% exactly what they are

very succinct

quite annoying really, I was pissed off when I found out that I have wasted about $45 ...
Old Aug 4th 2007, 3:58 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
I got our credit reports printed out today and paid to get our scores. Both comfortably over 800, but I thought the top score was 850? TransUnion has mine at 929... uh...
Can I sell you a Ford Truck, please............
Old Aug 4th 2007, 2:56 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
Can I sell you a Ford Truck, please............
Sorry nope! We'll be wanting to get rid of both our Fords (one Focus, one Escape) in about 2 months' time, hopefully sooner. You want to buy them?
Old Aug 4th 2007, 5:06 pm

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Sorry nope! We'll be wanting to get rid of both our Fords (one Focus, one Escape) in about 2 months' time, hopefully sooner. You want to buy them?
Just for interest's sake - how was the ownership experience with them ? You can PM me if you like.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 12:47 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Just for interest's sake - how was the ownership experience with them ? You can PM me if you like.
Brilliant! Hubby has a 2004 Escape and I have a 2005 Focus ZX4 SES (with spoiler). Both of them have had zero problems and we hope to get something very similar to probably the Escape (so hubby has a way of getting all his musical equipment in it) once we're in NZ. They've both been excellent on gas mileage too.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Maz
Brilliant! Hubby has a 2004 Escape and I have a 2005 Focus ZX4 SES (with spoiler). Both of them have had zero problems and we hope to get something very similar to probably the Escape (so hubby has a way of getting all his musical equipment in it) once we're in NZ. They've both been excellent on gas mileage too.
They do have the Escape in NZ. They are only available in 4x4 even in the 4 cylinder.

I wish they had the diesel Focus from the UK here in the USA. In NZ I think it is only available in the Focus Wagon but the NZ Focus is the German one not the Mexican one.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 3:48 pm
Maz

They do have the Escape in NZ. They are only available in 4x4 even in the 4 cylinder.

I wish they had the diesel Focus from the UK here in the USA. In NZ I think it is only available in the Focus Wagon but the NZ Focus is the German one not the Mexican one.
Super, thank you for that information.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Depends, I was at the Toyota dealer the other day and I was told 900.

Originally Posted by Maz
I got our credit reports printed out today and paid to get our scores. Both comfortably over 800, but I thought the top score was 850? TransUnion has mine at 929... uh...
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:00 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veryfunny
Depends, I was at the Toyota dealer the other day and I was told 900.
hmmm

not a fico score then
Old Sep 10th 2007, 3:07 am
Maz

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
You'll have to tell me if he's the exception, the only thing I know about him is that he has great taste in women...
That is quite the remarkable suck-up right there. Not sure whether to congratulate you or console you.

Originally Posted by Bob
The missus saw a score that was 30....and no one thought it went that low
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
hmmm

not a fico score then
From http://www.privacyrights.org comes this useful explanation.

"FICO scores, with a range of 300 to 850, have been the scoring norm. If VantageScores with a cap of 990 take hold, this is bound to cause consumer confusion. You might think, for example, that a score of 850 puts you at the top as a credit risk. You'd be right if your lender used a FICO score. But, if your lender scores under the VantageScore system, you'll only get a “B.” "

At our dealership we use Equifax, which uses the FICO range of 300-850. The highest I have ever seen was 830, the lowest was around 400. If you have a 400 score you cannot borrow the 10 cents to photocopy your driving license.

Last edited by TRPardoe; Sep 10th 2007 at 11:21 am.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:33 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

We had a 'I've never seen such a high score' comment last time we took out a home loan...I have no idea what the score is.....
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:54 pm
Mr. Grumpy

Originally Posted by krizzy
We had a 'I've never seen such a high score' comment last time we took out a home loan...I have no idea what the score is.....
one of my clients had that a couple of years ago when we went through her mortgage app, I think her highest score was 810
Old Sep 10th 2007, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
hmmm

not a fico score then
One of my own customers just ran her own free credit report using Transunion and got a returned score of 930.

This would probably be around an 800 on FICO.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 5:12 am
Banned

auberontwo is an unknown quantity at this point

I usually like to see peoples credit, and I found the top is only 840

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.