Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the best movie you ever saw?

Wikiposts

Whats the best movie you ever saw?

Old Jan 18th 2005, 8:18 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the best movie you ever saw?

Not one of my "all time fav"...but the movie 'Kes' had all the lads cracked up at school.

Anyone remember the games teacher Brian something or other, ex-wrestler.

"right, we're MANCHESTER UNITED"..."I'm the slighty balding Bobby Charlton"...

The games teacher took the footie practise waaaay to seriously and had that poor scrawny bugger in goal keeper position, freezing his dough sack off!
Old Jan 18th 2005, 12:02 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

The Professional (gary Oldmen)
The Castle (Australian Indie Film)
Jack and Sarah (Dame Judy Dench)
Spunky Anal Birthday (Melissa Hugetitties)
Italian Job (Michael Caine)

Patrick
Old Jan 18th 2005, 1:28 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
The Professional (gary Oldmen)
Why is this movie called Leon in some places??

I was raving about this movie to my wife and she said it was called The Professional.

"No honey, it's called Leon and it's about this and that."

"Yeah, I've seen it. It's called The Professional."

"Sorry, it's Leon."

Then, HBO shows The Professional and I feel like an arse for two hours. Doh!!!
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Why is this movie called Leon in some places??
It is Leon....but they called it the Professional here...don't know why though.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:13 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Maybe Leon was too hard for the americans to say?

Who knows why they change titles, uk titles first, american titles second

slap her, she's french - she gets what she wants
License Revoked - License to kill (changed in the uk just before release to make marketing easier)
Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Leon - The professional
Filofax - taking care of business
evil woman - saving silverman

I bought the Professional last week in the new 2 DVD release and its titled Leon the Professional although the single disk version I bought years ago is just called the professional - what's that all about?
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:37 pm
always be good

babybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
its called 'Leon The Professional' here
Old Jan 18th 2005, 4:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I bought the Professional last week in the new 2 DVD release and its titled Leon the Professional although the single disk version I bought years ago is just called the professional - what's that all about?
The new disc set worth it? And what extra do you get in the extended movie?

And there are plenty of others, a few Cornwell books and Gabaldon books had name changes too, don't know why either...
Old Jan 18th 2005, 4:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by babybeth
its called 'Leon The Professional' here
Was just called The Professional when it came out here, and on the first couple of releases...
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:28 pm
Pagan Sex God

Originally Posted by Bob
Was just called The Professional when it came out here, and on the first couple of releases...
yes

Old Jan 19th 2005, 12:18 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Whats the best movie you ever saw?

Originally Posted by Bob
This is all confusing.....then I remembered that in the UK there was a comedy film called "Leon the Pig Farmer" about a Jewish guy who discovers that his dad is a Yorkshire pig farmer....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...351562-5396609

(Actually that's an amazing price; 3 comedy British films on DVD for just 7.97 GBP. As an aside....has anyone seen 'Wilt' and/or 'Personal Services'? Just wondering if it's worth ordering this DVD set?).
Old Jan 19th 2005, 4:54 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Who knows why they change titles, uk titles first, american titles second

slap her, she's french - she gets what she wants
License Revoked - License to kill (changed in the uk just before release to make marketing easier)
Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Leon - The professional
Filofax - taking care of business
evil woman - saving silverman
The 51st State = Formula 51 here in the States. Excellent film! Loved Samuel L Jackson with his kilt on! *insert drooling smiley here*

Also love Monty Python's Life of Brian - my dad would insist on hiring the video out, religiously, every Christmas for years - I think we wore the tape out...

Englishmum - Personal Services with Julie Walters? Very funny!
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:12 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Just the other night they had "victory" on ESPN film classics, it was "escape to victory" back in blighty.

Damn good film, Sly Stallone, Michael Caine, Pele, Bobby Moore, Ozzie, John Wark etc.

The cool thing on ESPN they had movie facts that kept popping up as the movie went along, sly had lost 40 pounds after making Rocky 2 to play "hatch" in the movie. I believe the stadium shots were filmed in Hungry that was made to look like France, Pele had an agreement with Michael Caine that if he told him how to act, he would show Caine how to play football
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:24 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
The 51st State = Formula 51 here in the States. Excellent film! Loved Samuel L Jackson with his kilt on! *insert drooling smiley here*
That was a really fun but stupid movie, kind of disappeared over here though didn't it...
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:25 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Yosser
Just the other night they had "victory" on ESPN film classics, it was "escape to victory" back in blighty.
Aye, I noticed that when I got the dvd for a laugh at wallyworld, $5...why not