British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   What's with all the mailboxes? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/whats-all-mailboxes-801587/)

ChocolateBabz Jul 1st 2013 1:27 am

What's with all the mailboxes?
 
You know at the post office or USPS or just a mailbox store?

What is everyone trying to hide?

SpoogleDrummer Jul 1st 2013 1:34 am

Re: What's with all the mailboxes?
 
You mean P.O boxes? Probably more secure than just having a mailbox on the side of the street, also handy if you move a lot but stay in the same general area. Or if you just don't want people knowing where you live but need mail from them.

ChocolateBabz Jul 1st 2013 1:44 am

Re: What's with all the mailboxes?
 

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 10779394)
You mean P.O boxes? Probably more secure than just having a mailbox on the side of the street, also handy if you move a lot but stay in the same general area. Or if you just don't want people knowing where you live but need mail from them.

I probably watch too much tv, whenever I see someone collecting their mail from one of these boxes I just assume they are up to no good :blink:

Sugarmooma Jul 1st 2013 2:56 am

Re: What's with all the mailboxes?
 

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz (Post 10779403)
I probably watch too much tv, whenever I see someone collecting their mail from one of these boxes I just assume they are up to no good :blink:

We have one. We used to have a regular box outside our house until the first time the bayou behind us flooded and the mail lady refused to come down our drive for 2 weeks (the flooding went down in a couple of days:frown:) so we decided we would use a PO Box. It works out well as I have to drive by the Post Office everyday on my way home from work anyway.

I really am not up to no good...well mostly not!;)

ChocolateBabz Jul 1st 2013 3:01 am

Re: What's with all the mailboxes?
 

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 10779452)
We have one. We used to have a regular box outside our house until the first time the bayou behind us flooded and the mail lady refused to come down our drive for 2 weeks (the flooding went down in a couple of days:frown:) so we decided we would use a PO Box. It works out well as I have to drive by the Post Office everyday on my way home from work anyway.

I really am not up to no good...well mostly not!;)

I am pretty sure you and your new bovver boots are up to no good LOL

Sugarmooma Jul 1st 2013 3:23 am

Re: What's with all the mailboxes?
 

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz (Post 10779453)
I am pretty sure you and your new bovver boots are up to no good LOL

Oi...leave my new boots out of this:sneaky:



They are lovely though..:flirtyeyes:

Anian Jul 1st 2013 6:24 pm

Re: What's with all the mailboxes?
 
My b-i-l has one. They don't deliver mail where he lives (up in the mountains) so he just travels to the nearby town to pick it up every now and then.

Pulaski Jul 1st 2013 6:47 pm

Re: What's with all the mailboxes?
 
Mrs P and I have one. We have a business but the office is in our home, and don't want clients to think they can show up unannounced for a meeting at our home, so all mail is directed through our PO Box.

ChocolateBabz Jul 1st 2013 9:00 pm

Re: What's with all the mailboxes?
 

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 10780424)
Mrs P and I have one. We have a business but the office is in our home, and don't want clients to think they can show up unannounced for a meeting at our home, so all mail is directed through our PO Box.

The home office thing makes sense, I'll stop giving people the evil eye at the post office now haha

Married2abrit Jul 1st 2013 10:58 pm

Re: What's with all the mailboxes?
 
Also, if you live in a lower income area as I do (in spite of 2 degrees) it makes since. I don't have one yet, but have had gold earrings stolen (apparently at a mailing facility the selling company thinks because the empty mailer (taped up) was delivered to my mailbox) and also because our house was robbed last year. After all that I would just feel more secure with a p.o. box, but that's money that we need in order to buy food.

penguinsix Jul 1st 2013 11:59 pm

Re: What's with all the mailboxes?
 
Also common in college towns. Students, who frequently move every year, find it more convenient to have one address that never changes.

tonrob Jul 2nd 2013 12:35 am

Re: What's with all the mailboxes?
 
They can come in handy if you're trying to collect lots of airline miles and points... ;)

ChocolateBabz Jul 2nd 2013 2:13 am

Re: What's with all the mailboxes?
 

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 10780714)
They can come in handy if you're trying to collect lots of airline miles and points... ;)

and sprout deliveries I would assume :rofl:


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:02 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.