Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What are your plans for Thanksgiving Day?

What are your plans for Thanksgiving Day?

Old Nov 29th 2010, 1:50 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are your plans for Thanksgiving Day?

Originally Posted by traceym
Aha the bedroom cutlery abyss we have one of those too, a bit like the odd sock fairy
Spoons and cups. He'll get a cup of water and then instead of rinsing the cup out the following day, or God forbid putting it in the sink so I can wash it, he'll just get a new one so that by the end of the week I can't find any cups, and he has a bunch of stale water sitting in his room.

My favourite is when he helps himself to some milk in the middle of the night without telling us, and when I go to retrieve the dirty dishes from his room I am confronted with a glass of cheese . . .
Old Nov 29th 2010, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Spoons and cups. He'll get a cup of water and then instead of rinsing the cup out the following day, or God forbid putting it in the sink so I can wash it, he'll just get a new one so that by the end of the week I can't find any cups, and he has a bunch of stale water sitting in his room.

My favourite is when he helps himself to some milk in the middle of the night without telling us, and when I go to retrieve the dirty dishes from his room I am confronted with a glass of cheese . . .
Lovely isn't it, if anybody needs any penicillin he has a large supply in its raw form in his room too! But the cutlery thing drives me insane, I did a quick count the other day and as we have people coming for Christmas lunch, once again I will be out buying more!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 2:03 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely isn't it, if anybody needs any penicillin he has a large supply in its raw form in his room too! But the cutlery thing drives me insane, I did a quick count the other day and as we have people coming for Christmas lunch, once again I will be out buying more!
I'm with you on that - it drives me mental. I don't know how many times I tell him not to eat in his room if he's going to leave dishes in there but I may as well ask the cat to drive me to work in the morning, that would be more effective
Old Nov 29th 2010, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I'm with you on that - it drives me mental. I don't know how many times I tell him not to eat in his room if he's going to leave dishes in there but I may as well ask the cat to drive me to work in the morning, that would be more effective
How about training the cat to hunt cutlery, send it to my house too please!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 2:17 pm
I have a comma problem

How about training the cat to hunt cutlery, send it to my house too please!
This is a cat that hunts down unpaired socks and makes trails of them in the hallway if I don't keep her away from the laundry basket . My guess is she would probably do the same with the cutlery.

All she is interested in hunting down are my feet when I forget to put my slippers on so she can bite them . . .
Old Nov 29th 2010, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of light

I think we would have had a good Thanksgiving if we hadn't spent the entire week rowing about his parents coming this week.
My husband made the mistake of wishing "Happy Holidays" to his receptionist who wasn't impressed...she grew up on a reservation