Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What are you having for sunday lunch?

What are you having for sunday lunch?

Old Jan 29th 2006, 7:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you having for sunday lunch?

full roast pork for dinner...but lunch, that was left over steak soup.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 7:18 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
I am having a chip butty with real butter on the bread and loads of salt and vinegar

Sounds disgusting to me. I don't eat butts. Isn't all butter "real" butter? Salt and vinegar on a sandwich? Yucky!
Old Jan 29th 2006, 7:22 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good How do you make a Banana pudding? I am a bit of a Stepford wife
buy pudding mix ..add milk..whisk(electric)....done

I'm having a bowl of homemade chilli topped with grated cheese eaten with tortilla chips..when in Texas
Old Jan 29th 2006, 7:24 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
buy pudding mix ..add milk..whisk(electric)....done

I'm having a bowl of homemade chilli topped with grated cheese eaten with tortilla chips..when in Texas
Nope all those mixes are full of hydrogenated veg oil I have banned it from the kitchen
Old Jan 29th 2006, 7:51 am
Roll on Spring

skybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to all

lamb, mint sauce,carrot and swede mash, sprouts and kidney beans...for pud, home made trifle..dinner is served at 6 sharp, if you are in the area feel free to pop in..I wont force you to eat the sprouts
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:12 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Roast pork, roast spuds, kale, cauli and carrot and sweede all topped off with some homemade gravy.... the trouble is I feel really crap and don't think I will be able to eat any
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:19 am
Roll on Spring

skybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robskatie
Roast pork, roast spuds, kale, cauli and carrot and sweede all topped off with some homemade gravy.... the trouble is I feel really crap and don't think I will be able to eat any
save yours on a plate and you can make bubble and squeak when you are feeling better
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:24 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I've just salivated over my keyboard
That's not Saliva!!!!
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:26 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
That's not Saliva!!!!
LOL I was going to use 'dribble' but that was worse
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:26 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Sounds disgusting to me. I don't eat butts. Isn't all butter "real" butter? Salt and vinegar on a sandwich? Yucky!
I liken chip butties to the American cheese fries or even chilli cheese fries.

NC Penguin
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:27 am
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good How do you make a Banana pudding? I am a bit of a Stepford wife
Two 3.4 oz packs of Jello instant vanilla pudding
One 8oz carton of sour cream
3 cups of milk
One 8oz tub of cool whip
A pile of Nilla wafers (look like small Farley's rusks)
About 3 or 4 bananas

Tip - remove the cool whip from the freezer to soften up until its slushy, it makes mixing easier if you are not using an electic mixer.

Mix the vanilla pudding mix, sour cream, cool whip and milk together.

In a large dish put a layer of wafers, then a layer of banana then a layer of pudding mix. Repeat until you run out of space in the dish or pudding mix. You can put a final layer of wafers on top if you wish. Refrigerate for at least an hour before eating.

If you are calorie and fat conscious, you can use 2% milk, low fat cool whip and sour cream. To be honest, I can't tell the difference.

Enjoy
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:29 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynne
Two 3.4 oz packs of Jello instant vanilla pudding
One 8oz carton of sour cream
3 cups of milk
One 8oz tub of cool whip
A pile of Nilla wafers (look like small Farley's rusks)
About 3 or 4 bananas

Tip - remove the cool whip from the freezer to soften up until its slushy, it makes mixing easier if you are not using an electic mixer.

Mix the vanilla pudding mix, sour cream, cool whip and milk together.

In a large dish put a layer of wafers, then a layer of banana then a layer of pudding mix. Repeat until you run out of space in the dish or pudding mix. You can put a final layer of wafers on top if you wish. Refrigerate for at least an hour before eating.

If you are calorie and fat conscious, you can use 2% milk, low fat cool whip and sour cream. To be honest, I can't tell the difference.

Enjoy
I'd rather make a bannoffee pie. It's dead easy.

NC Penguin
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:35 am
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

no sunday lunch for me
but i did have roast beef and yorkshire puds yesterday

today i'm punishing myself for going out to club where i was probably the 2nd oldest person there
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:37 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I'd rather make a bannoffee pie. It's dead easy.

NC Penguin
what's one of those then?..if my kids want banana dessert all they have to do is..grab one banana and peel

Can you believe it but I've been married over 10 years and I've never cooked a traditional sunday Dinner...we've never lived in the U.k as a family so it's just never been done and as my hubby isn't a Brit it's never been expected...I hate to cook
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:45 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I am having a chip butty with real butter on the bread and loads of salt and vinegar
Homemade chips?

or oven fries?

or McDonald's fries? :scared:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.