Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What is it with the Yanks?

Wikiposts

What is it with the Yanks?

Old Apr 8th 2004, 6:57 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Incidentaly, didn't Scotland, Northern Ireland and England collectively join a union together? The only nation that was conquered was Wales.

Offa's Dyke my arse.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 6:57 am
British Trailer Trash

jaybob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ironporer

Want to know what's on pg.3?
Go on then.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 6:59 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jaybob
Go on then.
Nicola, 19 from Sunderland.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:02 am
British Trailer Trash

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
Free Surrey and Cheshire from the shackles of the United Kingdom!!!
Independence for Aberdeen! Then we legalise sheep shagging.

It's true though, by setting a precedent other regions would want independence as well, especially the Welsh when we start our sheep brothels.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:02 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What is it with the Yanks?

Originally posted by Robbie Doyle
Have you noticed, nobody ever bombed Switzerland? wonder why.
They'd be too afraid of hitting their money.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:03 am
British Trailer Trash

Originally posted by nxylas
Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:04 am
British Trailer Trash

Originally posted by manc1976
Nicola, 19 from Sunderland.
What no bitmap image?
Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:09 am
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

They also have quite fantastic chocolate, and everyone loves chocolate.

by the way Robbie...I don't think that Al Q. would think twice about hitting Switzerland if they thought it would cause outrage/make a point/have a positive effect on their crusade or whatever their reasons for hitting SPAIN are (after all, shouldn't they support the Sapinish people, not bomb them, as the majority of the people in Spain are against the war? Just shows how indicriminate AlQ and other terrorist organizations are really doesn't it) Do you really think that if Spain pull out of Iraq it's going to make them less of a target?
Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:10 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

And the same tosspots who bombed us and are fighting us are probably enrolled in the diverse visa lottery and would snatch your arm off to live here.
Only as an entryist tactic, like the US citizens who hijacked the planes on 9/11. Believe it or not, there are people who would prefer to live in a medieval theocracy rather than a western liberal democracy, and I think it's a little arrogant to assume that everyone wants to live the same way. I also think it's a little sad to see a fellow immigrant (I assume) succumbing to the "everyone wants to come here" mentality of the anti-immigration brigade.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

The real trouble with the us is the same as every other democracy, the lunatics are running the asylum.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:14 am
@matthewb76

I also think it's a little sad to see a fellow immigrant (I assume) succumbing to the "everyone wants to come here" mentality of the anti-immigration brigade.
you refering to me, or nav?

I am mixed on the immigration issue.
If you have a genuine shot of moving to America, then the experience of living here should be grabbed by two hands.

If you went on holiday once to Florida, and thought it quite nice and was wondering whether or not you should sell your plumbing business in Sheffield and move over with the kids is not realistic.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:16 am
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
The real trouble with the us is the same as every other democracy, the lunatics are running the asylum.
"I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a
gun."

George W Bush
Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:17 am
dealing with it

If you have a genuine shot of moving to America, then the experience of living here should be grabbed by two hands.

If you went on holiday once to Florida, and thought it quite nice and was wondering whether or not you should sell your plumbing business in Sheffield and move over with the kids is not realistic.
thinking of anyone inparticular Manc?!
Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:18 am
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

I've never seen Mickey in my life but still ended up in FL
Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Oggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura about

Surely if England became independent, then Scottish, Welsh and possibly Cornish independence would be an automatic consequence?

Free Wessex!
Mebyon Kernow! Cornish solidarity - onen hag oll! Long live the Stannary Parliament! Fight the English invaders!

Kernow bys vyken!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.