Reload this Page >

What would Jesus do?

What would Jesus do?

Old Dec 20th 2005, 12:34 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What would Jesus do?

Originally Posted by Wintersong
In for a penny, in for a pound, eh? You figured you're going to get the arse kicking anyway so you might as well make damn sure you're going to deserve it come boxing day?
yep you gonna be around to watch me and your hubby get pissed ?
Old Dec 20th 2005, 12:35 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Frankly, yes, I would have.

This cashier is quite likely to lose her job over this IF it were to be discovered.

I would love to say "oh yes, without a doubt" but to be honest ( ) I would have done the same as you did.
As for the cashier losing her job, better training produces better staff
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:27 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I'm too honest, my conscience would make me feel a thief if I had not spoke out. But thats me I've worked with thieves and would never want to be in the same pond as them.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:57 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScousePete
I made a visit to a new wine store today which had recently opened. It is one of those mega-stores with umpteen thousand bottles of wine.

The wife and I like wine and will usually buy a case every week or two. We brought with us a coupon which we had cut from the local paper. The coupon was for $15 off the purchase of 12 or more bottles of wine. (Each bottle had to be $9.95 or more)

So we selected our 12 bottles of wine and proceeded to the check-out. We presented our coupon to the cashier who checked it carefully and then checked that we did indeed have 12 bottles of wine. She then gave us a discount of $15 for each bottle of wine. The total discount was $180! The balance was $10.37! My wife and I looked at each other - surely the cashier was going to notice that she had made a mistake, but no, she just carried on and charged us $10.37.

As we were driving (very fast!) away from the store, I said to my wife, "Should we have said anything?"

Would you???
Bargain.

say something?? - why?????

Ant
Old Dec 20th 2005, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of years ago my family and I had dinner whilst holidaying in Vegas, at the table there were 9 of us eating that night. When the bill arrived we agreed to split it 3 ways between the 3 families. I think the bill was around $1200. After ringing up each credit card the waiter handed me all three folders to correctly distribute back to the relevant party for signing. I then saw that two of the cards had been charged a third of the bill but one card had been charged only $15. Without thinking I handed it back to the waiter and told him to change it to the correct amount. I did this because the reservation was in my name and address and I didnt want any come back, however when my sister in law found out what I had done (being the one that had been charged $15) she gave me a huge lecture about the fact that if a mistake is made then its too bad on the establishment making it. And that I was stupid for what I had done

I was so annoyed on a few levels, I felt that the restaurant had given us good service and food and I didnt want to try to 'get away' with their error. I also felt the waiter would have got into trouble and I was also aware that my SIL was a bit of a pain that evening to the wait staff being overally picky about stupid things but most of all I felt that as it was the week of my wedding I didnt want it ruined by a stupid restaurant hastling me over a bill that my SIL could easily afford but was just being pig headed over...... Right got that off my chest...
Old Dec 20th 2005, 2:49 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
A couple of years ago my family and I had dinner whilst holidaying in Vegas, at the table there were 9 of us eating that night. When the bill arrived we agreed to split it 3 ways between the 3 families. I think the bill was around $1200. After ringing up each credit card the waiter handed me all three folders to correctly distribute back to the relevant party for signing. I then saw that two of the cards had been charged a third of the bill but one card had been charged only $15. Without thinking I handed it back to the waiter and told him to change it to the correct amount. I did this because the reservation was in my name and address and I didnt want any come back, however when my sister in law found out what I had done (being the one that had been charged $15) she gave me a huge lecture about the fact that if a mistake is made then its too bad on the establishment making it. And that I was stupid for what I had done

I was so annoyed on a few levels, I felt that the restaurant had given us good service and food and I didnt want to try to 'get away' with their error. I also felt the waiter would have got into trouble and I was also aware that my SIL was a bit of a pain that evening to the wait staff being overally picky about stupid things but most of all I felt that as it was the week of my wedding I didnt want it ruined by a stupid restaurant hastling me over a bill that my SIL could easily afford but was just being pig headed over...... Right got that off my chest...

I'm with you on this. Most likely the waiter would have ended up footing the bill.

As a student I used to work in a very posh restaurant. One Sunday, a large family simply took off after having consumed a huge 3-course meal. The waiter who served them had to pay every last penny that meal cost. He was completely gutted as he was sending practically all his earnings to his family back home. We ended up having a whip-round to help him, but the resturant itself didn't contribute a farthing...
Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:58 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
yep you gonna be around to watch me and your hubby get pissed ?
That's your mission for the evening - get my hubby pissed. It's been too long since I had to carry him home.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 4:16 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Not because I'm a particularly honest person, but because my mouth works faster than my brain and I would undoubtedly have said something along the lines of "that can't be right" before I'd thought it through.
yeah me too or the sheer look of puzzlement and/ or surprise would have given the game away
Old Dec 20th 2005, 4:31 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

That's your mission for the evening - get my hubby pissed. It's been too long since I had to carry him home.
er ....like last time we met ? I believe he is doing the naked Boxing day run with me and Mr BS .. he can put it on his MBA application
Old Dec 20th 2005, 5:37 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Is now a good time to point out the irony of a preganant woman meeting up with someone who has a Charlie Manson avatar?
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:56 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Turn it around. If you were at work and you made a BIG mistake (to a cashier at a wine store - this was a BIG mistake). Would you want someone to point it out to you - if it could get you fired or taken over the goals in a big way.

I would have said something because this girl would lose her job and probably her confidence.

It's all relative. If I had been in Walmart and the box had been incorrectly labelled or it had rung up the wrong price, I wouldn't have said anything because no-one specific would get into trouble. that's kind-a how I draw the line.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

If the goods were 'swiped' then the cashier would have no responsibility over what was rung up. I have had a cashier say that if that is what it rings up then that is what I charge.
I would have probably returned them myself, just in case there was a refund on the empties.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:07 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

This sort of thing happens to me all the time, not in this huge amount of money, but I used to constantly be given the wrong change (more, not less). I always mention it because I don't want the store clerk to get in trouble or lose their job. I just think it's the right thing to do for me. Often I'll ask, are you sure, you might wanna check that? Then if they realise their mistake, then oh well you'll get some karma back another day, but if they still say, no, that's right (which often happens to me), then you have nothing to feel bad about, you spoke up.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:50 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScousePete
As we were driving (very fast!) away from the store, I said to my wife, "Should we have said anything?"

Would you???
Yes- a "Thank You very much" was certainly in order.