Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What Would Happen If.....urgent....

What Would Happen If.....urgent....

Old Oct 18th 2002, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face What Would Happen If.....urgent....

What happens if the I-130 is approved before the K3? DO you have a choice on which one to follow procedure with, or are the papers sent to the consulate automatically?

I have 2 problems:

I recieved my first NOA from the VSC on 10/15/02. As I was getting my papers ready to send the K3 forms I realized I made a HUGE mistake on one of the G-325 forms for biographical information for my husband. This is so stupid but here it goes....see where it ask "name of spouse, dob of spouse, etc"............i put N/A.......................IM HIS WIFE!!!!!!!!! I don't know how I overlooked that because I'm the one petitioning him!!!!!!!

I sent the I-129F with all the corrections, so does it matter if i messed up the 130. When will they let me know that i messed up?

Also, it might be that im just nervous, put i think the ADIT pics didn't come out right either? What can I do? Can I contact them to make corrections? Or just wait for approval of the 129F forthe K3 visa and forget about the 130?

HEEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP, Claudia
Old Oct 18th 2002, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What Would Happen If.....urgent....

Originally posted by claudia13839:
What happens if the I-130 is approved before the K3? DO you have a choice on which one to follow procedure with, or are the papers sent to the consulate automatically?

I have 2 problems:

I recieved my first NOA from the VSC on 10/15/02. As I was getting my papers ready to send the K3 forms I realized I made a HUGE mistake on one of the G-325 forms for biographical information for my husband. This is so stupid but here it goes....see where it ask "name of spouse, dob of spouse, etc"............i put N/A.......................IM HIS WIFE!!!!!!!!! I don't know how I overlooked that because I'm the one petitioning him!!!!!!!

I sent the I-129F with all the corrections, so does it matter if i messed up the 130. When will they let me know that i messed up?

Also, it might be that im just nervous, put i think the ADIT pics didn't come out right either? What can I do? Can I contact them to make corrections? Or just wait for approval of the 129F forthe K3 visa and forget about the 130?

HEEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP, Claudia
Hi:

Relax. You are just fine. You have an approved I-130 which is GOOD. The K-3 is a new beastie and is intended for those with pending I-130's stuck in INS limbo.

Your husband will get an immigrant visa which is better than a K-3 admission!

The G-325 error -- no problem there. You confirm my belief that INS doesn't even read the things. But look at this way -- what box did you check on the I-130 at the top -- he is my husband. The I-130 asks for information about date of marriage for both of you. It asks about past marriages of both you. You put in the marriage certificate. IOW, you said MANY times in the course of the one application that we are married and then you panic that you made an inadvertent "NA" on a n ancillary form? INS may be stupid, but not that stupid.

Relax. You are just fine.
Old Oct 18th 2002, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think you misunderstood me because my 130 is not yet approved, i just received the first NOA and yesterday I sent for the K3 with the copy of my NOA, along with the CORRECTED G-325 forms.

Claudia
Old Oct 19th 2002, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

HELP!!!!