Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What were your favourite USa tv shows when you first arrived in the USA?

What were your favourite USa tv shows when you first arrived in the USA?

Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

WolfTracker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What were your favourite USa tv shows when you first arrived in the USA?

Watched Judge Mathis when i first came over as i did not have my EAD at the time. So i was a house husband and it would be on around 11a or so when i would do the laundry.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:14 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What were your favourite USa tv shows when you first arrived in the USA?

Originally Posted by WolfTracker
Watched Judge Mathis when i first came over as i did not have my EAD at the time. So i was a house husband and it would be on around 11a or so when i would do the laundry.
I get the feeling the ladies on this forum are going to like you
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:19 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Pat Robertson is great though isn't he?
actually I've never watched the old goat but channel surfing..I have seen a show with this old woman ..she has huge wigs and looks like she puts on her make up with a shovel....and she's all sugary sweetness....I guess her show works in making me believe though cos I often hear my self mutter "oh God"

Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:21 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

I liked the apprentice (1st series) and i watched a lot of ER and the simpsons.

Now i watch Gray's anatomy, house, and any trash on the E! channel. I love the british history stuff on PBS too, they showed the Ray Winstone Henry VIII, i loved it...and elizabeth I.

Oh and i was addicted to dancing with the stars

Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:22 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
actually I've never watched the old goat but channel surfing..I have seen a show with this old woman ..she has huge wigs and looks like she puts on her make up with a shovel....and she's all sugary sweetness....I guess her show works in making me believe though cos I often hear my self mutter "oh God"

Not....... Seeking solutions with Suzanne? A grey haired old dear who looks like she had a double stroke, was embalmed, and then exhumed and put on daytime TV
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:39 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Not....... Seeking solutions with Suzanne? A grey haired old dear who looks like she had a double stroke, was embalmed, and then exhumed and put on daytime TV
pmsl!!! that sounds like her
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:46 pm

pmsl!!! that sounds like her
"And thooday we're going thoo talk about, me thycling through new york in lycwa and my incontinenth pwoblem"
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:48 pm
Essex boy in Texas

Thackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really nice

We've got the ray winstone henry VIII on dvd. I love all those BBC costume history made for tv films. So good.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:50 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thackattack
We've got the ray winstone henry VIII on dvd. I love all those BBC costume history made for tv films. So good.
glad to hear i'm not the only one!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:52 pm
Essex boy in Texas

Thackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really nice

I love it but if its based on history and a costume drama, the wife kills for it.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:55 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by Thackattack
I love it but if its based on history and a costume drama, the wife kills for it.
look out for Masterpiece Theater then (PBS) ...might be right up your alley.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

mandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nice

I have a view from my office of the completely tacky and gawdy (no pun intended) building where she broadcasts that show from. They're just one of a few evangelical types who are based in Orange County. I actually spotted her in a bar one night with her "husband" who also joins her in spreading the good word (and who has been up on charges of sexual harrassment of a male employee). She looks completely different when she's not crying and begging people to send in all of their life savings. She was wearing a black lycra minidress and had hair extensions down to her waist. They apparently are very fond of ordering ridiculously expensive bottles of wine and tipping poorly. The bible belt's money is being well spent, I suppose.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cutina
glad to hear i'm not the only one!
Certainly not
Old Feb 27th 2006, 11:02 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by mandeeuk
She was wearing a black lycra minidress and had hair extensions down to her waist.
God have mercy!! :scared: :scared:
Old Feb 27th 2006, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by mandeeuk
I have a view from my office of the completely tacky and gawdy (no pun intended) building where she broadcasts that show from. They're just one of a few evangelical types who are based in Orange County. I actually spotted her in a bar one night with her "husband" who also joins her in spreading the good word (and who has been up on charges of sexual harrassment of a male employee). She looks completely different when she's not crying and begging people to send in all of their life savings. She was wearing a black lycra minidress and had hair extensions down to her waist. They apparently are very fond of ordering ridiculously expensive bottles of wine and tipping poorly. The bible belt's money is being well spent, I suppose.
Are we talking about the same person ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.